Kitchen question

lcrngrs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2008
I want to get HD in my kitchen but I really don't have a place for a box. If I purchase a television which is cablecard ready will I be able to get HD or is it just for standard? thanks.

I want to get HD in my kitchen but I really don't have a place for a box. If I purchase a television which is cablecard ready will I be able to get HD or is it just for standard? thanks.

If not far and not cluttery, try running component cables out of the unused jacks from the cable box to your kitchen set while keeping your other monitor connected via HDMI (or vice versa).

Cablecard will get you all the HD channels in your package that aren't Switched Digital Video, so everything in family and the iO package. If you're only interested in broadcast basic HD channels you don't need a cable card. You would not get some movie channels but who watches movies in the kitchen.

Cablecard will get you all the HD channels in your package that aren't Switched Digital Video, so everything in family and the iO package. If you're only interested in broadcast basic HD channels you don't need a cable card. You would not get some movie channels but who watches movies in the kitchen.

We do!:)

I have cablecard. I heard a lot about SDV (switched digital video) being inaccessible for cablecard. So far, almost none of the channels use it on CV. The Cablecard gets everthing except PPV for me. That is not to say that CV cannot change things, at some point. My only comment on cablecard is that the cards themselves are not-so-well understood by the installers. I think that I could have retained my PIP functions if-only the guy knew more about Multistream cards. He also had 'non-working cards', so ensure that they come with enough cards. Don't assume that you can move the card to other devices (or keep it in this device and move it to another part of town), because the cablecard security won't support that.
Good Luck!

I have cablecard. I heard a lot about SDV (switched digital video) being inaccessible for cablecard. So far, almost none of the channels use it on CV.

The following channels use SDV on Cablevision
15 HD movie channels
Subscription foreign language channels
Sports league subscriptions packages
NHL Network HD
Big Ten HD

What size tv are you considering for a kitchen? Because, they don't make cable card tv's for the smaller size sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)