Kmart choose HD DVD

As much as I like to see HD-DVD get some exclusive stuff too. I don't think K-mart is one I would want. At least not the ones in my area.

Probably a test by KMart to try it in the lower end branded stores. If she shelf space and whatnot works, I could see them adopting the same strategy at Sears, sure, unless there is already something in place with Sony that we aren't aware of to prevent them from doing so.

There used to be 9 K-Marts in my town -- now there are only 3. Still, this does expand the exposure of HD-DVD which is what they are trying to do.

I have to agree that K-Mart wont expand the exposure of HD-DVD...what next 7-11
Ive got news for you. Your viewpoint is why BD may lose this war. Currently our enthusiast numbers are nothing. J6P out numbers us 1000:1 and he shops at Walmart and Kmart. Just a fraction of j6P buying 99 dollar players at Kmart etc could swing things very dramatically. At that price I could talk my tight wad 80 year old father into buying one.

You guys must have some stellar Kmarts by you. The ones by me are absolute wastelands inside. All but 2 of them closed down and it's like they just threw everything in the old ones into the 2 remaining open ones.

Last time I went in to one of them they didn't even have an electronics department. Just some shelves across from the pharmacy that had DVD players, movies etc.
Just a fraction of j6P buying 99 dollar players at Kmart etc could swing things very dramatically..
Vurbano, where did you see kmart was selling the $99 dollar player too? I thought that was walmart only and only on one day so far.

Ive got news for you. Your viewpoint is why BD may lose this war. Currently our enthusiast numbers are nothing. J6P out numbers us 1000:1 and he shops at Walmart and Kmart. Just a fraction of j6P buying 99 dollar players at Kmart etc could swing things very dramatically. At that price I could talk my tight wad 80 year old father into buying one.

J6P will make the decision for all of the users whether the purists like it or not.

Just saw where WallyWorld has a Toshiba A2 HD-DVD on sale Friday for 99$, so it looks like HD-DVD marketing people have finally figured out that "the 1st to get to 100 wins!" :D

You guys must have some stellar Kmarts by you. The ones by me are absolute wastelands inside. All but 2 of them closed down and it's like they just threw everything in the old ones into the 2 remaining open ones.

Last time I went in to one of them they didn't even have an electronics department. Just some shelves across from the pharmacy that had DVD players, movies etc.

While I will NEVER confuse the ones around here with Neiman-Marcus or Lord & Taylor, they are not that bad. Prior to their acquisition of Sears, they were getting close, but it seems that some of the Sears mentality of clean stores that are organized has been the NEW rule around these parts.

The one that is closest to my home has a pretty nice electronics department and actually carries some pretty pricey HDTV gear there. The selection is not quite as complete as BB or CC, but Big Lots its not.

Well, I will say this, it was 3 months ago that I was in the closest one to me (the one with no electronics dept). Laff that you mention Big Lots, that kind of what the one reminded me of. Maybe the cleaned it up, but based on the ouside appearance, I doubt it.

That's funny, I didn't think anyone still shopped at KMart. I seem to remember they are/were in some financial trouble and have closed down a LOT of stores.... Now Wal-Mart you're probably right about, although BB, CC and Target are obviously still in business as well.

Kmart closed up shop here years ago, I do not know of one any where. I believe there are 2 still left in Dallas, note that they are still selling the PS3.

Walmart at under $100 is a much better story than Kmart at any price.

From Kmart Not Exclusively Supporting HD-DVD Format

"There have been numerous statements in the media today, attributed to Toshiba, indicating exclusive support for the HD-DVD format in Kmart stores.

These statements are false.

Kmart intends to support both the HD-DVD and Blu-ray platforms, and has no plans to support either platform exclusively."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)