Kmart choose HD DVD

There is hardly anybody shopping at K-Mart in my town. The one on Capitol Blvd barely has two dozen cars in front of it at any one time. The one over on Western Blvd is shopped by students primarily and the one on Six Forks is the only one where there are regular shoppers. Walmart has all but killed K-Marts in Raleigh, NC.

Kmarts galore here.

There are several here, as well. Some have been renamed Sears Essentials and some are still operating as K-Mart.

The only reason I went to the one nearest me was wife likes the Kenmore Canister vacs and Consumers Reports had a couple of them top rated and the Kenmore appliances are now being sold at K-Mart as well as Sears. While there, saw they are now selling Craftsman tools, so picked up a couple while there. The Electronics dept had some offerings that I would NEVER expected from K-Mart and most of their display items were high-end sets. Granted this is an old store in an upscale neighborhood and has been remodeled, but they were doing a good business from what I saw and have seen when driving past the location.

Will HD sell in this area? I am thinking it will sell very well, as people who stop in there will see what they can do with their sets they have bought and pick one up on the spot.

Note
: For those too young to remember, all of K-Mart's financial woes started when they lost a class-action suit that they were discriminating based on age and the AARP went after them with a vengeance. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts