Knight Rider

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
Season Premiere of Knight Rider last night. I recorded the show in advance, when I Came Home I Thought I'd give it a try, even though The Knight Rider Movie last season was rather stupid.

Anyway it was absolutely Hilarious, best Sitcom I've ever seen, oops not suppose to be a sitcom. Even so the Story and the execution of the show was VASTLY worse than the previous Hasselhoff series and that is saying alot.

Knight Rider will be the NOT Rider inside 3 weeks.

All I can say is that shows episode was the Biggest, Gigantic, slow motion train wreck I've ever seen.

If anybody found that entertaining, then they don't know the difference between entertainment, and getting a sharp stick in the Eye.

John

Yea it was pretty far fetched.
I mean KITT actually flies now.I want say anymore to spoil it for people who havent seen it.Val Kilmer is the voice of Kitt.:(I personally like the original voice of the original series better.:cool:

They were working to set up some story lines. The car scenes were just silly. I guess we have transformer technology in the car now. Gee lets jump into the back of a pickup version then get folded into the drivers seat of a car. Ooooo the cobra logo changes...

I was not too impressed.

Why cut off the guy's thumb, why not just prick him and get some blood? Oh I shave all over and even have fake eyebrows to keep DNA safe, but I am a walking mass of fluids and body parts that could be taken as samples? It had to be the most rediculous premise ever. Oh and no one would notice the gal carrying around a thumb everywhere? I guess there are no pockets in the tight outfit.

He gets cut off by a truck once and she gets 10 minutes ahead, time to park, get into a subway station and wait for a train.

I guess Michael working to find his past will be a long running story arc.

They really need to work on more realistic, or at least not as dumb, plots.

We watched it last night... it was AWFUL! :( I was hoping for more as I enjoyed the pilot. Bad acting, weird storyline, too much special effects. That and the annoying characters; I couldn't stand their support people back at HQ.

I'd really rather have a simple show similair to the old series where it's just a handful of people, a KITT that can't do everything and wasn't a transformer as mentioned above, and a bit more plausible storyline. Not quite sure who their target audience it, but to finish it off maybe they should add some wrestling and monster trucks.

Just my .02.

-Mike

Another bad episode with terrible effects, but still his sidekick is cute :)

Somebody in their team knows its a bad show and makes her wear a bikini to keep people watching LOL

Deleted from Timer. I just can't bring myself to watch the 2nd episode after watching the preview.

Well, they've thrown away the tweener demographic that watched the original.... Could you imagine showing this to a twelve year old? I'm no prude (hell, I like the photos in the back room), but from a marketing standpoint, the only ones who wouldn't be offended by the constant bikini shots are anyone who subscribes to Maxim and could care less about the plot.

I think NBC will give up on this one quick.... What's the next 80's action show to get butchered? I think The A Team is on deck....

I don't understand the bad vibe this show is getting - even the original required a pretty big suspension of disbelief (Turbo Boost, hello?). Anyone expecting serious sci-fi or a real plot wasn't looking in the right place to begin with!

It's fun. The actress is holy-bejeezus hot. It's a diversion from my more serious shows.

I don't understand the bad vibe this show is getting - even the original required a pretty big suspension of disbelief (Turbo Boost, hello?). Anyone expecting serious sci-fi or a real plot wasn't looking in the right place to begin with!

It's fun. The actress is holy-bejeezus hot. It's a diversion from my more serious shows.

Actually I was thinking about what it really reminded me of and it finally dawned on me. It reminds of a TV show spoof you'd see on the Simpsons/Family Guy, SNL/MADtv, etc designed around a coporate product (Ford in this case.) Product placement, attractive people, and silly storylines (gun fights, stereotyped bad guys) around said product. It almost seems like a parody of a show to me, though NOT complaining about the girl or the bikini party last week :D.

-Mike

Last edited:
I think the re-conceptualization of the show in the past three episodes has some potential. I like how they have cut the cast down to the four casrt members, and it looks like they are trying to even get back to FLAG from the original.

I actually really hope this show makes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts