Kornheiser suspended for 2 weeks for comments about someone's wardrobe?!

Hannah-Storm-SportsCenter-outfit.jpg
tony is right. she looks ridiculous. I support him 100%

I haven't read all the posts on this thread so this may have been mentioned. I'm sure ESPN has a rule/policy that states that any of their on-air personalties cannot be publicly critical of any other on-air personality at anytime. This could make for some very bad morale for everyone at ESPN and probably cause them to lose some good people if everyone did this. I'm sure Kornheiser knew this but figued he could get away with it. If he had said this about someone that worked for say Fox Sports then nothing would have been done.

I would agree if she was interviewing a world leader or reporting on a human tragedy, etc. But, she's OK, she's only a sports anchor. :up

And, she's a lot easier to look at than these fashion plates:

don_cherry_rose.jpg

craig-sager1.jpg

Don has a REASON for this, it's his calling card, if he didn't dress outlandish you wouldn't know it was him. :D

True !

However, I may be in the minority , but I like him !
Particularly when he talks HOCKEY.

I like him too. I think he too often goes over the top...WAY WAY over the top...when he's talking about European hockey players, but Cherry is nothing if not interesting.

Sandra

I like him too. I think he too often goes over the top...WAY WAY over the top...when he's talking about European hockey players, but Cherry is nothing if not interesting.

Sandra

Remember, European players are all soft .......

I never thought of Peter Forsberg as being Soft when he played for the Av's in all those games against the Wings ....

Remember, European players are all soft .......

I never thought of Peter Forsberg as being Soft when he played for the Av's in all those games against the Wings ....

That's the whole point, Cherry is running with a stereotype that was proven wrong decades ago. And nobody is softer than Wade Redden...Canadian born and bred...:rant:

Sandra

Sandra
Mike Milbury seems to follow Cherry's line of thinking about European hockey players:

"I was shocked that it was this one-sided and I was really disappointed that these guys came with their Eurotrash game. There was just no heart, no guts, no nothing there to back it up. I mean, Alex Ovechkin was an average player tonight. I know they're going to bounce back, but to be that poor, and to be that intimidiated physically by the Canadians was really a shock to me."

NBC analyst Mike Milbury not a fan of Russia's 'Eurotrash game' - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Now there's a guy I have never liked.

I liked him when he was the Islanders GM. About a week after Milbury selected Goalie 2021 in the draft, he traded Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.

Good times...good, good times.

Sandra

I liked him when he was the Islanders GM. About a week after Milbury selected Goalie 2021 in the draft, he traded Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.

Good times...good, good times.

Sandra

Who was the guy that gave a goalie a 15 year contract ?

Never mind, that was DiPietro and Garth Snow.
For some reason I thought it was Mulberry

Who was the guy that gave a goalie a 15 year contract ?

Never mind, that was DiPietro and Garth Snow.
For some reason I thought it was Mulberry

Milbury drafted Goalie 2021 first overall and then traded Luongo. Snow was the genius who gave him the crazy contract.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)