KPBI is scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
diamond jim,
a rescan of satwork 3688 shows kpbi as a pay channel $ now for scrambled as of 7:37 am but located kfdf as tv 2, in the clear on 12115 mhz, 4.449 sr vid.pid 34, audio pid 35, pcr 34, ttx pid of 8191 . clear and booming right now. confirmed as kfdf by station id on screen. also up on my fortec star ultra lifetime, on 12264 mhz and 4.444 sr, same video audio and pcr.

Gas said:
Sorry guys we were forced to do it. KFDF now has new pids but s still in the clear for the Ft. Smith UPN.
Gary

:no :river :river

That sucks but i uderstand Gary......

Thanks for clarifying for us :)

I merged Gas's thread and Diamond Jim's thread since its the same issue

so it may look weird when you read through :)

The cynics among us might find something fishy about a representative of a broadcaster gauging interest in a particular service. Service gets encrytped.. hmm.

Then again touting a semi-work around for Sunday Ticket using this now encrypted service among others might not have been a good idea either. Forums such as WUT exist for very good reason, IMO.

lsat said:
The cynics among us might find something fishy about a representative of a broadcaster gauging interest in a particular service. Service gets encrytped.. hmm.

Then again touting a semi-work around for Sunday Ticket using this now encrypted service among others might not have been a good idea either. Forums such as WUT exist for very good reason, IMO.

Agreed. I imagine Fox put some pressure on them just for the fact of Sunday football....

lsat said:

The above obviously is a knock at the OP of that thread, which would be yours truly. I think I have a clear idea of what belongs in the WUT area and what can stay out of it so don’t tell me how to run this area. The “NFLST thread” was just a point that with my current setup (FTA, OTA & SC) I can get a lot of games. There are a few people here with a SC/EVu FTA OTA combo so they could have typed it up too. SC/EVu has somewhere between 6-8 games a weekend on (between Global and the US Nets), most of which are not on FTA, but some are duplicated (like the Seattle game that was to be on the now scrambled channel) so as a good will gesture I put the FTA one listed.

As Gary (gas) noted, a request was made to Equity to scramble the signal, so they had to comply. I highly doubt that my post about what games are able to be picked up caused that. I guess to make some people happy I won’t list games anymore.

Ice:

That's just BS, and you know it :p and lsat should too.
Keep up the fine posts and don't let complainers sway you.
(my 0.02 cents)

Iceberg-

That was just my opinion not a shot at you at all. I as much as anyone appreciate your involvement here. However when it comes to the public posting debate you probably know where I stand. :)

CharredPC said:
Ice:

That's just BS, and you know it :p and lsat should too.
Keep up the fine posts and don't let complainers sway you.
(my 0.02 cents)

oh I know..I was just making a point because of some snide remark.

Remember people...there was a rumour in january that we were going to lose all of them on G10 by March 31, 05.....well its past 3/31/05 so lets just enjoy them :)

FTA---here today, maybe gone tomorrow

Iceberg said:
oh I know..I was just making a point because of some snide remark.

Remember people...there was a rumour in january that we were going to lose all of them on G10 by March 31, 05.....well its past 3/31/05 so lets just enjoy them :)

FTA---here today, maybe gone tomorrow

I don't and didn't have any issues with you posting the game for the week in the other thread. I appreciate it, since I just now have gotten G10R setup and channels listed. I can see however, Fox trying to preserve their broadcast right for football, and putting pressure on Equity to not allow that channel in the clear. Frankly, I don't see how the FCC allows any of those channels in the clear.

Not nockin ya, just giving an opinion.

sidekick said:
As a point of observation, why have there never been any posts in the WUT area?

that means you're not authorized for that area. If you are, there are threads there :)

read the stickey at the top about feeds for more info :)

When I first noticed the these stations were scrambled my first thought was to go to G3. A while ago, early to late spring, KFDF and KPBI were on G3 C Band, I remembering everybody was worried that Equity was leaving Ku for C.
Well, they are no longer on C band or listed on G3 at LyngSat.

Also if FOX "forced" Equity to encrypt KBPI why didn't WMQF bite the dust?

This is not the first time a Fox affiliate has been encrypted. When KUIL was on the former Anik bird at 118.7 it was encrypted also. When it started moving around then they put it in the clear. (This was the same bird that hosted the Equity stations until they moved over to G10r).

here is the deal. FOx gave us no choice but to encrypt because of the NFL. The cost to ebcrypt is too high for us to do it to all stations but I will tell you that WMQF is next and last to be encrypted. FYI- Confessions Live is on a dozen of the feeds and was never on KPBI so to who ever said they miss it....not/.
Gary

Gas said:
here is the deal. FOx gave us no choice but to encrypt because of the NFL. The cost to ebcrypt is too high for us to do it to all stations but I will tell you that WMQF is next and last to be encrypted. FYI- Confessions Live is on a dozen of the feeds and was never on KPBI so to who ever said they miss it....not/.
Gary

BUMMER :(

Thanks for the info Gary! We really appreciate it (even though we don't like hearing that)

Glad to hear that most of the others wont be encrypted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)