KTVN (CBS) guide data during Sarkes-Tarzian/Dish dispute

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jetskier

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Carson Valley, Nevada
Ok, this is getting ridiculous.

Can you folks at Dish uplink the guide data separately for this channel (2-01) so my timers can fire on the OTA station while you work the retransmission agreement? The subchannel (2-02) has guide data. I can't see why you can do the same for the main channel.

Dish are you out there???

Because the main channel got pulled. The mapped guide info on the OTA comes from the OTA channel
Its well documented when a local channel gets pulled you lose the guide for that too

Hey it could be worse..OTA here one station the PSIP info changed and Dish can't figure it out right. They carry the channel on locals (in SD) but the OTA HD feed shows digital service

The channel hasn't technically been pulled. It's just running a continuous loop of the dish lady speaking their side of the dispute.

The title of all the program slots on this channel are "Important News - Press Info! "

The info shows "This channel is currently suspended. Sarkes Tarzian is demanding an outrageous rate increase of 335%. For updates visit BeFairSarkes.com. "

This is not a perfect solution and it would still require some manual entry for DVR timers. Can you receive (even a hint) of an out-of-town CBS affiliate, assuming it's carried by DISH? If so, try to scan this channel in and you can at least "eyeball" the guide and see the programming info. I have done this with the pesky issue of missing guide data for translators. I scan-in the translator's "parent" full power station. Though it has an unreliable signal, I tweaked the antenna enough to lock-in on a scant signal of the full power station. Once that channel is saved to the receiver's memory, it keeps guide info - even though it usually doesn't have a signal.

I can't do that. the station runs at 100% full power from the main transmitter on top of Slide Mountain, NV (SW of Reno). No translators/repeaters in my area as I can see all but one of them for my area.

Is it just us?

I live a little south of you Jetskier. I am getting really frustrated with this whole thing. Is it just KTVN or Sarkes stations all over the country. I really resent both of them for holding us hostage while they and their lawyers pussyfoot around.
Why can't Dish fire up the CBS feed out of LA for us?

Why can't Dish fire up the CBS feed out of LA for us?

Dish cannot just turn any station on for fun. If your locals are in a retransmission dispute with Dish they doesnt allow Dish to import something else. There is a reason why the channel is pulled. They can't come to an agreement

Because the main channel got pulled. The mapped guide info on the OTA comes from the OTA channel
Its well documented when a local channel gets pulled you lose the guide for that too
I assume you meant to say that the OTA guide info comes from the Sat channel?

yep ;)

it comes form the sat channel in most cases (there are some locals DIsh carries that the OTA doesn't show the guide)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)