KU-Band system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
I’m looking for a complete motorized ku system. I need a receiver also. Any help with recommendations are appreciated including dish motors and best size dish for wild feeds and such. Thank you

Receiver: Titanium Satellite - Store

Dish: 36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF | eBay

OR (I highly recommend this dish, but shipping makes it cost double just because it's so large): 48 Inch 120 cm 1.2 M Offset Satellite Dish & HD SL1PLL LNBF | eBay

Motor: STAB HH-90 MOTORIZED USALS DiSEqC ROTOR FOR 90CM SATELLITE DISH | eBay

Or if you buy the 1.2m dish, you need this larger motor: STAB HH-120 SATELLITE DISH ROTOR USALS DiSEqC MOTORIZED H-H MOTOR FOR 120CM DISH | eBay

Quad shield coax: RG6 /U 3GHz Quad Shielded Coax Cable Directv Satellite TV Wire 85FT to 250'FT | eBay

It's a bit pricey if you must buy brand new starting out, and can't scrounge stuff, but if you amortize the money you lay out one time over what a monthly sub for cable would cost you, it'll "pay" for itself quickly.

Receiver: Titanium Satellite - Store

Dish: 36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF | eBay

OR (I highly recommend this dish, but shipping makes it cost double just because it's so large): 48 Inch 120 cm 1.2 M Offset Satellite Dish & HD SL1PLL LNBF | eBay

Motor: STAB HH-90 MOTORIZED USALS DiSEqC ROTOR FOR 90CM SATELLITE DISH | eBay

Or if you buy the 1.2m dish, you need this larger motor: STAB HH-120 SATELLITE DISH ROTOR USALS DiSEqC MOTORIZED H-H MOTOR FOR 120CM DISH | eBay

Quad shield coax: RG6 /U 3GHz Quad Shielded Coax Cable Directv Satellite TV Wire 85FT to 250'FT | eBay

It's a bit pricey if you must buy brand new starting out, and can't scrounge stuff, but if you amortize the money you lay out one time over what a monthly sub for cable would cost you, it'll "pay" for itself quickly.

Thank you

Since you're on the East Coast, I would suggest getting a Universal LNBF rather than a Standard one. We get a few satellites from 12.5W to 65W and even 78W that use the lower part of the Ku band, that a standard LNBF can't get. Nothing critical, and if a standard LNBF comes with the dish that's fine. But If you're going to by the LNBF separately, a universal one is worth considering and costs about the same.

Reactions: MikeI
Since you're on the East Coast, I would suggest getting a Universal LNBF rather than a Standard one. We get a few satellites from 12.5W to 65W and even 78W that use the lower part of the Ku band, that a standard LNBF can't get. Nothing critical, and if a standard LNBF comes with the dish that's fine. But If you're going to by the LNBF separately, a universal one is worth considering and costs about the same.

Can you recommend a universal LNB?

Can you recommend a universal LNB?
I have the GeoSatPro UL1-PLL on a 120cm offset and it's been pretty good, and reasonably priced at around $15 and easy to find. I just recently got an Inverto Black Ultra and it seems promising, early testing seems to show a very slightly improved quality over the GeosatPro (about 2 points). But the Inverto LNBFs are rather hard to find in North America (I bought mine during a recent trip to Europe), and I don't think they are worth paying a lot for shipping from overseas.

I think I have also ready nice comments about the Avenger LNBFs.

I also have a few cheap X2 LNBFs that Amazon was selling 2 years ago and one of them died but the other 2 are giving very good results

In the end, I'd say that the quality of the dish (surface accuracy) is probably a lot more critical than the LNBF itself.

Reactions: calmeidajr
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts