KU-Band system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
I’m looking for a complete motorized ku system. I need a receiver also. Any help with recommendations are appreciated including dish motors and best size dish for wild feeds and such. Thank you

Receiver: Titanium Satellite - Store

Dish: 36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF | eBay

OR (I highly recommend this dish, but shipping makes it cost double just because it's so large): 48 Inch 120 cm 1.2 M Offset Satellite Dish & HD SL1PLL LNBF | eBay

Motor: STAB HH-90 MOTORIZED USALS DiSEqC ROTOR FOR 90CM SATELLITE DISH | eBay

Or if you buy the 1.2m dish, you need this larger motor: STAB HH-120 SATELLITE DISH ROTOR USALS DiSEqC MOTORIZED H-H MOTOR FOR 120CM DISH | eBay

Quad shield coax: RG6 /U 3GHz Quad Shielded Coax Cable Directv Satellite TV Wire 85FT to 250'FT | eBay

It's a bit pricey if you must buy brand new starting out, and can't scrounge stuff, but if you amortize the money you lay out one time over what a monthly sub for cable would cost you, it'll "pay" for itself quickly.

Receiver: Titanium Satellite - Store

Dish: 36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF | eBay

OR (I highly recommend this dish, but shipping makes it cost double just because it's so large): 48 Inch 120 cm 1.2 M Offset Satellite Dish & HD SL1PLL LNBF | eBay

Motor: STAB HH-90 MOTORIZED USALS DiSEqC ROTOR FOR 90CM SATELLITE DISH | eBay

Or if you buy the 1.2m dish, you need this larger motor: STAB HH-120 SATELLITE DISH ROTOR USALS DiSEqC MOTORIZED H-H MOTOR FOR 120CM DISH | eBay

Quad shield coax: RG6 /U 3GHz Quad Shielded Coax Cable Directv Satellite TV Wire 85FT to 250'FT | eBay

It's a bit pricey if you must buy brand new starting out, and can't scrounge stuff, but if you amortize the money you lay out one time over what a monthly sub for cable would cost you, it'll "pay" for itself quickly.

Thank you

Since you're on the East Coast, I would suggest getting a Universal LNBF rather than a Standard one. We get a few satellites from 12.5W to 65W and even 78W that use the lower part of the Ku band, that a standard LNBF can't get. Nothing critical, and if a standard LNBF comes with the dish that's fine. But If you're going to by the LNBF separately, a universal one is worth considering and costs about the same.

Reactions: MikeI
Since you're on the East Coast, I would suggest getting a Universal LNBF rather than a Standard one. We get a few satellites from 12.5W to 65W and even 78W that use the lower part of the Ku band, that a standard LNBF can't get. Nothing critical, and if a standard LNBF comes with the dish that's fine. But If you're going to by the LNBF separately, a universal one is worth considering and costs about the same.

Can you recommend a universal LNB?

Can you recommend a universal LNB?
I have the GeoSatPro UL1-PLL on a 120cm offset and it's been pretty good, and reasonably priced at around $15 and easy to find. I just recently got an Inverto Black Ultra and it seems promising, early testing seems to show a very slightly improved quality over the GeosatPro (about 2 points). But the Inverto LNBFs are rather hard to find in North America (I bought mine during a recent trip to Europe), and I don't think they are worth paying a lot for shipping from overseas.

I think I have also ready nice comments about the Avenger LNBFs.

I also have a few cheap X2 LNBFs that Amazon was selling 2 years ago and one of them died but the other 2 are giving very good results

In the end, I'd say that the quality of the dish (surface accuracy) is probably a lot more critical than the LNBF itself.

Reactions: calmeidajr
Status
Please reply by conversation.