KUIL?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm getting KUIL for the first time in days. Signal quality is fluctuating wildly between 25-39% on my Fortec Star Mercury II here just west of Savannah, GA but the picture is steady.

Yep it's back!!!! Good here for the last 36 hours. Seems to be holding steady with 80% signal strength and 78% quality. Dang good on my meter!

They got a great lineup. A lot of Judge shows, Maury(who da daddy)Povich, Family Guy, Scrubs, TMZ etc. During some of those cold winter nights here we would put it on KUIL and just leave it there.
I wonder if they will still be carrying Dallas Cowboys games?
KUIL TV:: The U

:)

Last edited:
noticed it was back to 72 quality yesterday

as for the Cowboy games, nope. Fox decided to switch to a different channel in the market. KUIL is now just another Independent (with a cool name) ;)

Is this Kuil-TV or is the channel replaced with another station? Currently the emblem at bottom of screen is "The U".

A couple days ago it came up in quality just above pixelation and was Kuil-TV at 66% quality I reconized the programming, then the transponder went completely dead. Then I noticed the signal quality jumped to 95% on the Coolsat 5000, but the channel ident on the lower right of the screen now shows up as "The-U".

Is this Kuil-TV or is the channel replaced with another station? Currently the emblem at bottom of screen is "The U".

A couple days ago it came up in quality just above pixelation and was Kuil-TV at 66% quality I reconized the programming, then the transponder went completely dead. Then I noticed the signal quality jumped to 95% on the Coolsat 5000, but the channel ident on the lower right of the screen now shows up as "The-U".
Yeah, that's KUIL. They switched over to THE U awhile back. Seems to have something to do with Lamar University but haven't noticed any attempt to make me smarter with edjamacational programming. I actually like them better now but will miss those Cowboy games this fall. I'm tuned there now watching Monk and the quality is 73%.
I heard the Lamar chess team could go all the way this year. They have a deep bench.

Last edited:
from wiki

KUIL-LP is a low-powered independent television station, broadcasting on analog channel 64 and digital channel 36 (K36ID-D) for the Beaumont / Port Arthur, Texas area. KUIL is also available nationwide as a free to air broadcast, via satellite on AMC 4 (101º W).

KUIL-LP is owned by National Communications, who also owns FOX affiliate KVHP in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Prior to 2003, KVHP served Beaumont and Port Arthur, in addition to Lake Charles. In 2003, KVHP established KUIL-LP, as a way to provide local programming just for that region, plus alternate coverage of sports that are more relevant to the Beaumont market (such as Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys football).

When KUIL signed on, it had a secondary affiliation with UPN. When UPN and The WB merged into The CW, KFDM added the CW to its digital subcarrier channel. KUIL reverted back to just simply being a Fox affiliate.

In November 2007, KUIL signed on its digital signal on channel 36 (K36ID-D), one of several low-powered stations to have both analog and digital signals. ([1])

On October 24, 2008, it was announced that then-NBC affiliate KBTV-TV would become a Fox affiliate on January 1, 2009[1], indicating that KUIL lost the affiliation at that time. Despite early reports of KUIL pursuing the NBC affiliation,[2] competing station KBMT would broadcast NBC programming on a digital subchannel.[3] As a result, after the Fox affiliation ceased, KUIL became an independent station, and began to add some local programming, some of which would be produced by Lamar University.[4] KUIL's last program as a Fox affiliate was New Year's Eve Live with Spike Feresten and Mark Thompson; that program ended at 12:30AM CT.[5] The station adopted The U as its identity, using the same moniker and logo as unrelated station WCIU-TV in Chicago.

I was hoping KUIL would be CBS. We don't have a CBS affiliate here. Well actually we don't have any affiliates here. I'm in a lunatic fringe area and since the digital change up we lost our one ota station.

Last year I tried to get Galaxy 16 C-band stations on my 3ft Pansat but they tiled really bad. Noticed some good stuff on Galaxy 3c, not sure if I overlooked them or they are new stations.
Think I'll dig out that Pansat and give it a shot.

for the best option for networks would be G16

G3 doesnt have any networks that I'm aware of. They had the RTN Networks on there until the riff between Equity and Luken so now all that is on there is a few spanish channels and ThisTV

Didn't get a chance to do anything today, too many Bubbados. I may have to use my secret weapon tomorrow-wine coolers! Works every time.

Last year I tried for G16 and the Lesea stations were booming in on the 3ft Pansat but the networks were real weak, unwatchable. If they have raised the power on that transponder, that would be great.
On LyngSat they are listing WAGA Fox, WGLC CBS and WSB ABC on Galaxy 3c transponder 7. If they are not there then I really don't want to spend all day hunting while Ms. Bubba is busy hurling insults and empty wine cooler bottles at the local constables. We only got two and they are swell guys, real patient.

Thanks guys, saved me from an afternoon of messing with the portable 3ft Pansat dish with no result. Might try G16 later but with that 3ft dish I'm not expecting much.
Well CBS stinks anyway, there now I feel better!

Ok this is a silly question but here goes. Is there anyway to boost the signal on the Pansat dish? I've got two LNBs, one is a dual Ku/C band and the other is a C-band only and get the same results with both. Tried an inline amp and it didn't help. On G16 the Lesea transponder came in at around 60-65 if I remember right. Solid pics but the network stations came in at 35-40 and I start tiling at 50-55 quality signal level. A BUD is out of the question at my location.

Last edited:
To me, it seems that you need a 1.2 meter, about 48", Dish for decent C Band reception.
Yeah that was what I was thinking but no money in the budget for any more dishes, anything else for that matter.:( VISA has a hitman after me! I've been making Ms. Bubba start the car lately.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)