KUIL Update!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Time Warner cable in the BPA area (Beaumont/Port Arthur) is horrible.
My friend has a brand new HD tv on cable and it's BAD.
It's so fuzzy that you can't even read anything on screen like phone numbers on commercials.

The horrible quality of the cable around here is exactly why I refuse to pay good money for horrible quality. Yuck.... :mad:

Matter of fact, I wouldn't have cable tv if you paid me to have it.

It's so fuzzy that you can't even read anything on screen like phone numbers on commercials.

The horrible quality of the cable around here is exactly why I refuse to pay good money for horrible quality. Yuck.... :mad:

I called Comcast the other day by me just to see what there prices were. With HD and extended basic they wanted $139.00 a month :eek: I told them to stick it where the sun don't shine! :rant:

maybe the microwave feed ;)

Yep, I'm surprised it lasted this long since KUIL put their digital feed of 720p up in Beaumont some time ago. And from what I heard they were feeding the analog transmitter off of the digital transmitters signal, if I remember right the two transmitters were in different locations. So no one was really using it unless some podunk rural cable co was but I doubt it. So probably the lease was up recently on the transponder space and they didn't renew it.

We have Time Warner here near San Antonio. The analog cable is awful, but they also offer digital cable if you rent their digital box for $7.00 extra plus you get the HD channels free. I can not complain about Time Warner's digital cable, the HD looked great, I would not pay for their analog though.

letter i got from KUIL

I am sad to report that due to rising costs of doing business we are no
longer able to continue service of our satellite feed. Improvements in the
cable systems between Lake Charles and Beaumont have eliminated the need for
the satellite feed. We were using it to get our signal from Lake Charles
Louisiana over to our Beaumont DMA. We now have newer methods of getting
our signal from point A to point B.

As a low power television station, we are commissioned by the FCC to serve
our local community with as much local programming as possible. Southland
Conference, 1st and 10 High School Sports, Texas Rangers, Houston News at 9,
Dean's Corner, BISD Round-up, The Lamar series, and all of our local PSA's,
are just some of the ways that we service the local market.

After losing the FOX affiliate in January, we had to re-brand ourselves and
basically start over from scratch. Since that time, we have continued to
add programming and promotions to our station that keep the local community
in the forefront of our minds.

It is good to hear that we were able to provide free programming for all
those who watched from FTA satellite feeds and wish we could continue to do
so, but our down economy has made it tougher to stay on top.

If anything changes, I will be sure to let you know. Thank you for watching
our station and for your email. Again, I apologize for the loss of KUIL to
the FTA network.

But for the local commercials, I dont think I'm going to drive to Beaumont to buy a vehicle or visit a pizza place ;)

ROAD TRIP! @party We all agoin' to Texas for pizza and turn in our clunkers for new Obamamobiles! :D

For the national commercials maybe.
But for the local commercials, I dont think I'm going to drive to Beaumont to buy a vehicle.

Then I shouldn't mention I drove to Sulphur Springs, TX 2 weeks ago to pick up two new company cars because they were the only dealer within 300 miles of Tulsa, that had what we were looking for.

Left at 7am set the cruise at 85 till I hit the Texas line throttled the Beemer back to 70 and then got to the dealer at 10:45. Left the dealer at 12:30 got lunch and was back in Tulsa by 5:30 with 2 new company rides. Sold mine yesterday, so gotta find one more now, then we should be set for 3 years again.

I didn't see a single dish the whole trip. I figured going thru Paris, TX over to Sulphur Springs I would see some Primestars or something to pick up on the trip back, but not a single thing.

Then I shouldn't mention I drove to Sulphur Springs, TX 2 weeks ago to pick up two new company cars because they were the only dealer within 300 miles of Tulsa, that had what we were looking for.

Left at 7am set the cruise at 85 till I hit the Texas line throttled the Beemer back to 70 and then got to the dealer at 10:45. Left the dealer at 12:30 got lunch and was back in Tulsa by 5:30 with 2 new company rides. Sold mine yesterday, so gotta find one more now, then we should be set for 3 years again.

I didn't see a single dish the whole trip. I figured going thru Paris, TX over to Sulphur Springs I would see some Primestars or something to pick up on the trip back, but not a single thing.

Really? I was just casually going around my neighborhood last week, and I saw a lot of dishes! I never imagined that Seattle had a lot of people interested in FTA! Mostly Ku, but a few C-band dishes as well.

Oh I see lots of dishes around NE Oklahoma. I have picked up a Primestar 84e for myself and a few other Primestars for friends that I have helped get into fta. We have put them up at their lake houses and cabins.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)