KuSat Question

TimeHorse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
I ordered the 1 x Star Choice DSR530 System, Quad LNBF, 75cm Elliptical Dish package from KuSat.com last Sunday 29 January, 2006. As of yet, my order is still listed as Order Received and my credit card has not yet been charged. The KuSat web site says that I should write them if the order appears as Order Received for more than three days. So I sent them 2 messages asking for a status update but have yet to hear back. Is this experience typical? I used to live in Montréal and like KuSat as they are in the area and may even have fellow Allum working for them so I want to support them. However, I really want to get the system up and running by mid-March or when the CBC premiers the second series of Doctor Who, which doesn't leave all that much time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TimeHorse said:
I ordered the 1 x Star Choice DSR530 System, Quad LNBF, 75cm Elliptical Dish package from KuSat.com last Sunday 29 January, 2006. As of yet, my order is still listed as Order Received and my credit card has not yet been charged. The KuSat web site says that I should write them if the order appears as Order Received for more than three days. So I sent them 2 messages asking for a status update but have yet to hear back. Is this experience typical? I used to live in Montréal and like KuSat as they are in the area and may even have fellow Allum working for them so I want to support them. However, I really want to get the system up and running by mid-March or when the CBC premiers the second series of Doctor Who, which doesn't leave all that much time.

I. It took a while for my DSR 530 charge to show up on my card, about 5 days.

II. They always answer the phone. It sometimes takes them a while to respond to email.

III. Let me know if you think the 530's standard def picture is terrible.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered a 505 75cm system on the 26th and still have not received it. I did receive a call from Kusat on Wednesday. They stated they are waiting on the 75cm dish. The company they receive them from is conducting inventory, which is the reason for the delay. They stated they should have them on Friday (this past Friday) and would ship the system either on Friday or Monday. I have no idea if what they stated is true, but it seems to me if an item isn't in stock they should say so on their website. I'll wait to see if the system ships tomorrow. If it doesn't, I'll be cancelling my order. Anyone know where else to buy a system?

TimeHorse said:

Update - I received an email form Kusat today stating that my order is being processed and shipped today.

wherron said:
I'm in the same boat. I ordered a 505 75cm system on the 26th and still have not received it. I did receive a call from Kusat on Wednesday. They stated they are waiting on the 75cm dish. The company they receive them from is conducting inventory, which is the reason for the delay. They stated they should have them on Friday (this past Friday) and would ship the system either on Friday or Monday. I have no idea if what they stated is true, but it seems to me if an item isn't in stock they should say so on their website. I'll wait to see if the system ships tomorrow. If it doesn't, I'll be cancelling my order. Anyone know where else to buy a system?

I didn't see any e-mail this morning but checked the status on the web page and my order too has moved from Received to Shipped though no Tracking is available for the specific order number. Also, I rarely check my phone messages -- last time was this weekend and the oldest unheard message was from my Wedding Anniversary on the Autumnal Equinox! But one of the folks at Kusat was indeed nice enough to leave me the same message last Tuesday so all is good. I decided to try and have a professional install the satellite 'on the side' since I have a problem with my DirecTV Dish alignment anyway (weak signal on 110*) and my wife doesn't like me climbing on ladders. I got the co-ordinates from that handy satellite finder java tool so it should be fairly easy to get it aligned to a near-angle but will no doubt require some fiddling and trying to find a clear line-of-sight since I have a lot of trees to the North of my house. :S

Anyway, good luck with your 505 wherron and wish me luck on my end -- fingers crossed!

Good Luck TimeHorse. I'm going to attempt the install myself; everything from fishing cable through walls to drilling holes through the foundation - what fun. I might need the number of a professional installer by the time I'm done. :)

TimeHorse said:
I didn't see any e-mail this morning but checked the status on the web page and my order too has moved from Received to Shipped though no Tracking is available for the specific order number. Also, I rarely check my phone messages -- last time was this weekend and the oldest unheard message was from my Wedding Anniversary on the Autumnal Equinox! But one of the folks at Kusat was indeed nice enough to leave me the same message last Tuesday so all is good. I decided to try and have a professional install the satellite 'on the side' since I have a problem with my DirecTV Dish alignment anyway (weak signal on 110*) and my wife doesn't like me climbing on ladders. I got the co-ordinates from that handy satellite finder java tool so it should be fairly easy to get it aligned to a near-angle but will no doubt require some fiddling and trying to find a clear line-of-sight since I have a lot of trees to the North of my house. :S

Anyway, good luck with your 505 wherron and wish me luck on my end -- fingers crossed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)