L3.60 Released For VIP-622

I have 3.60 and noticed that for all OTA HD locals CC is now working perfectly. Before 3.60 CC only worked on a couple of channels.

N

Last edited:
No Agreement

Pepper said:
um, is there maybe some nondisclosure agreement you're not supposed to violate by telling us this? Or did you just get "lucky" somehow and end up with a non-public software.

It just showed up on the last 622 update. There was a thread where someone with a different model receiver said they were receiving the original show date info in the guide. Someone with a 622 said that no one with a 622 was getting this info. But that was not true as I said. I had it and now it's gone! I want it back as stated. Gerry

I got L360 on Friday, and it is a big difference. I now get HD programming and my hard drive doubled in size.

Of course, my upgrade was from a 522 to a 622.

Man, this is getting old...L3.60 FW-watched two recorded programs tonight, Deadwood and Brotherhood, and they both had moments of video jerkiness, or stuttering. I really, really, wish Dish would fix this, my D* HD-TiVo never does this(it does other things, but it doesn't stutter. :p ).

ChetK said:
AH HA

I knew I wasn't the only one with this issue!!! Your screen name implies that you are from TX. Would that be the Houston area? I've been having this problem ever since Houston HD locals became available. See my other posts towards the bottom of this page and the top of this page. The only remedy is to turn of HD locals via satellite in the 622's menu.

Anybody else in Texas have this problem?

I've not had any OTA recording problems, but I think I've only used OTA for channel 39 -- I assume the issue only occurs if there is an HD feed for the channel?

I did have a timer fail on channel 13 last night using SAT HD. Which is the first time that's happened. I rebooted and the 622 started recording normally. I had already done a poweroff reboot earlier in the day.

RobbinM said:
I've not had any OTA recording problems, but I think I've only used OTA for channel 39 -- I assume the issue only occurs if there is an HD feed for the channel?

I did have a timer fail on channel 13 last night using SAT HD. Which is the first time that's happened. I rebooted and the 622 started recording normally. I had already done a poweroff reboot earlier in the day.

Yeah, I think it's mostly on ABC-13 that I get the problems. If sat HD's are simply turned on, my OTA timers don't fire.

I should also note that I have not tested this with L3.60, but, it sounds like you're having this problem last night (which would leave me to believe you have L3.60 and the problem is still valid.)

ChetK said:
No stuttering for me and I watched Deadwood, Entourage, and Dane Cook's Tourgasm. (All time shifted).
Well, that would indicate the problem is specific to the STB itself, which makes the problem even worse. Are we supposed to play STB roulette until we get a "good" one?

Has anyone else noticed a revised OTA signal strength scale after L360? Before, most of my local channels were in the 95-100 range; now they're running 75-85. Still just as rock-steady as before, though.

Brad

With Regards To The Ota Timers Not Firing...

Remember I sent an e-mail to Dish regarding this issue? Here's what I sent:
Me said:
Question: I would like to report a bug that I have confirmed with other
Houstonians that own the 622 receiver:

Ever since Houston HD locals went live (a couple of months ago),
"of-the-air" timers don't always fire. I can confirm this on every ABC-13
(KTRK) timers I set. I know it's the 622's fault because, if I turn off
HD locals via sat in the 622's menu, my off-the-air timers work like a
charm every time.

Thanks.

Here was their very thoughful reply:

Karmen L. at Dish Network said:
Dear Mr. K,

Thank you for your e-mail. For the off-air timers to work properly, you do have
to disable the hd locals via sat in the menu

We hope we have properly addressed your concerns. If you have further questions
you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the
following link:...link provided

Thanks

Bradtothebone said:
Has anyone else noticed a revised OTA signal strength scale after L360? Before, most of my local channels were in the 95-100 range; now they're running 75-85. Still just as rock-steady as before, though.

Brad

Didn't see much change in signal strength, but the OTA's audio level is lower across the board. It didn't happen with this update though and can't figure out what made them get softer.....every OTA channel. It's very annoying to have to turn the volume up and down when channel surfing from OTA to Dish programming. :confused:

Last night, while I was watching CNBC, I experienced jitter first time since L3.60. But the difference this time was self corrected after few seconds. I first notice the tickers at the bottom of screen started jitter like before, then smoothed, and little jitter again, but with less noticible, then smoothed self again..... it back and forth several times, and everything became normal again......... not sure it this is the new enhancement from L3.60...... but at least that I don't have to fet up and reboot the box.

Has anyone noticed a better SD picture over component since 3.60?

I have noticed that SD is looking a LOT better since 3.60. It just tlooks clearer to me for some reason.

News tickers is where it's most noticeable, I agree, hzhao. That's one of the places where I saw it first after L360, but I've seen it on other SD channels since L360 aswell.

Another interesting thing I've noticed: it doesn't seem to happen as frequently as it used with L359 and as you noted, hzhao, it seems to correct itself after a bit instead of needing remote tinkering (channel switch, skip ahead, etc.) and no reboot needed either. That seems to be a slight improvement.

I sat down in front of my 622 just now and it was recording a movie on the viewable tuner so I hit swap. I was greeted by a black screen with audio on the other tuner. I tried changing the channel and it slowly switched to other channels which were also black screen with audio. I could swap back and forth with the recording tuner looking fine. I had to reboot to get both tuners back. :confused:

nazz said:
I sat down in front of my 622 just now and it was recording a movie on the viewable tuner so I hit swap. I was greeted by a black screen with audio on the other tuner. I tried changing the channel and it slowly switched to other channels which were also black screen with audio. I could swap back and forth with the recording tuner looking fine. I had to reboot to get both tuners back. :confused:
I have had that happen twice, didn't have to re-boot. It has been awhile but I think I brought up the guide and selected a channel, and it fixed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts