This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

L343 Software Update on VIP211

richiephx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
This morning I noticed that the software was updated from L341 to L343 on my VIP211 receiver. I haven't figured out what problems it fixed.

well as usual, one of mine got the L343 software, the other 3 vip211's still have L341. i couldn't tell any difference. but then, i never had any hdmi problems.

Mine's not doing the channel change flicker on my Sony HD anymore. Also, is the "Partial Extended" guide option new? I just saw that under Preferences -> Guide Display. OTA EPG is there for me, and always has been, but then I do sub to Dish locals.

Last edited:
well as usual, one of mine got the L343 software, the other 3 vip211's still have L341. i couldn't tell any difference. but then, i never had any hdmi problems.

I never had any problems with my 411 for a year, then Poof it went. Worked in the morning and didn't work that same evening. Got my replacement 211 today.

This morning I noticed that the software was updated from L341 to L343 on my VIP211 receiver. I haven't figured out what problems it fixed.

It removed the OTA local guide info that L3.41 had put on. That's the only difference I see.

I had 3.43 this AM on my 211 and it fixed my HDMI problem, ie no HDMI out working from the 211.

Weird but true.

I will check my OTA guide data and report back momentarily.

OTA guide data gone now with the new update You'd think given the network issues that they would not have done this - - - Oh sorry, I forgot, this is DISH Maybe when they decide to "FIX" something else, we will get the guide data back - - - :dev

Just called Dish Network to have my new VIP211 sent to me. It quit working about 5 months ago (HDMI). I called them and they told me I pretty much had to wait around. I called them today and they said the software was finally updated and the HDMI should work, if not they would send a new receiver. So around 4/5 days from now, I will see what happens. I was beyond angry when it went out. It would just show one image and freeze, but still have sound. A day later, I would get nothing at all and it has been that way for about five months. It sucks that this happened, but glad I was not the only one. The fun part for the last couple of months is moving my component cables from my DVD player to the sat receiver every time I want to watch one or the other.

Last edited:
OTA guide data gone now with the new update You'd think given the network issues that they would not have done this - - - Oh sorry, I forgot, this is DISH Maybe when they decide to "FIX" something else, we will get the guide data back - - - :dev

I've still got local guide data.