L4.41 Software

That's not what I'm looking for. There used to be a button "History" that you could press from the main DVR page, and it would show you what shows have been deleted from your hard drive and the reason why.
In particular I used it to see what programs had been deleted because the disk was full and I could go out and find them.
It also listed ALL programs that had been deleted. It was not limited to the last week or so.

Me too. A few days ago I lost the programs on my external hdd (I believe the box doesn't have a very good USB port). I was hoping the history would remind me what I had moved over.

SCOTT: Perhaps you could poke around ?

You can still see the history screen on the interactive menus at the tech portal:
Tech Portal : 622

I'll definately miss this as a way to see what was lost if the auto-delete got activated.

622_history0.JPG

622_history.JPG

Last edited:
It's possible. Note that most Dish receivers have hdd model numbers hard coded into the firmware. "Just any" 500gb drive is not likely to work. Gotta find out what's in the 722.

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. The Dish-Up price of a 722 is $100 which is about the same as the price of the hdd.
Be worth it if the 622 is owned. No sense in paying to replace an owned box with a lease.

I figure if the "approved" list comes out, I'll swap the internal drive on my 622 with the 500gb to turn it into a 722, then place the old drive into a USB enclosure and use it for archiving.

Be worth it if the 622 is owned. No sense in paying to replace an owned box with a lease.

I figure if the "approved" list comes out, I'll swap the internal drive on my 622 with the 500gb to turn it into a 722, then place the old drive into a USB enclosure and use it for archiving.

It'll be interesting to try. But, the 622 and 722 have different broadcomm chips. This may cause problems (if the 622 ends up thinking it's a 722).

What chips ? MPEG processors ? But more important FW is the SAME.

Yes, they are running the same FW. But it only takes a simple if-then-else to send different commands to the mpeg decoder based on model number.

It's pretty weak to determine model based oh hdd size (though that's how the 501/508/510 do it). These newer boxes might do it differently.

But, the FW still must have routines to properly parition a 500gb hdd. We just don't (yet) know what triggers the decision.

Hopefully someone will give it a try.

I also see that the ability to increase a active recording is now back to normal. I know it was still broken last night so in the last 12 hrs it updated for me but i al still on 441

I really used that a lot with the races and lord knows football season it is a must!!

I am wondering why my 622 reset on me a hr ago while i was watching a show on slingbox
I didn[t touch a think and it just went black and starting the reboot

guess it's like a PC that just crashes at times for no visible reason

I was worried i had lost sat signals again like last night but it was something else. Last watchdog was a 4 whatever 4 means

I also see that the ability to increase a active recording is now back to normal. I know it was still broken last night so in the last 12 hrs it updated for me but i al still on 441

This was a glitch on your machine, my 622 has been fine with this feature from the first minute 4.41 was installed. I posted to that effect a week ago asking if anyone was having this problem you described but got no takers.

The spontaneous rebooting should be a clue to a problem on your machine as well.

Sorry if this was discussed. I never keep up on the notes on software releases and I didnt want to read 50 pages of threads.

My 622 has a VERY annoying glitch. Its located in the scheduled DVR recordings. (Press DVR twice then press schedule.) On my DVR if I page down through the recordings my DVR hangs and reboots after about 5 days in.

I have tried to correct the measure by doing a check switch, soft reboot, and forcing a scheduled guide update. Basically I thought I might just have corrupted guide data.

No matter what I do my system will reboot over and over on command if I browse more than 5 days in on my scheduled recordings.

Sorry if this was discussed. I never keep up on the notes on software releases and I didnt want to read 50 pages of threads.

My 622 has a VERY annoying glitch. Its located in the scheduled DVR recordings. (Press DVR twice then press schedule.) On my DVR if I page down through the recordings my DVR hangs and reboots after about 5 days in.

I have tried to correct the measure by doing a check switch, soft reboot, and forcing a scheduled guide update. Basically I thought I might just have corrupted guide data.

No matter what I do my system will reboot over and over on command if I browse more than 5 days in on my scheduled recordings.

What does your 622 do if you browse 5 days or more out on your EPG? Try that, then go back to the scheduled recordings. I think they are tied together and if you have a problem with your EPG, your timers are going to have a problem too.

What does your 622 do if you browse 5 days or more out on your EPG? Try that, then go back to the scheduled recordings. I think they are tied together and if you have a problem with your EPG, your timers are going to have a problem too.

In Scheduled recordings it reboots when I get to thursday (its sunday now). In my EPG I can go all the way to the following Monday with no problem.

In Scheduled recordings it reboots when I get to thursday (its sunday now). In my EPG I can go all the way to the following Monday with no problem.

I would try deleting events one at a time to find the offending event. Or you could delete them all and redo them to see if if that was the problem. Of course, if you have hold overs from last season, getting the events back in there might be a problem.

I think they are tied together and if you have a problem with your EPG, your timers are going to have a problem too.
It's my impression that the timer function is always "watching" and can add events when they finally appear in the guide. If someone cancelled the guide download before it finished, you can end up with less than 9 days of data. If you check your timers for future recordings, they should be blank. Re-do the guide download and get the complete 9 days and check the timers again. They *should* have caught the "missing" ones.

As for the poster who's having this issue, do as P Smith says and pull the plug (for 15 minutes).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)