L4.41 Software

When I tried hooking my thumb drive up while my External Storage drive was connected I got a TOO MANY USB DEVICES error message.

Brian
Same thing here, just unplug the external drive. Worked great, now I've got a nice slideshow/screensaver when I remember to turn it on!

Looks like it groups by date uploaded, but then you can rename the folder. If I were really anal about it, I'd upload pictures from Cancun, rename the folder, upload pictures of our pets, rename it, upload pictures from France, et. al., ad nauseum.

Is There A Way To Take Dvr Content Transferred To The External Usb Drive And View It Via Windows?

If So Can You Please Post How Or E-mail Me At tigerbait1970@yahoo.com

Thanks

Yep, there is. I figured it out. Please find wire transfer instructions to my Nigerian financial institution, and upon successful transfer, you too will find out how it is done! :D

Ok, this comment may not be allowed, but, if the 622 and 722 are using the exact same firmware, could it be possible to drop a 500GB drive into a 622 and it then thinks its a 722? I know there are other settings flags, boot code, etc. that determine model and behavior besides just the firmware, but perhaps this time around it just checks the drive size and decides which of the two models it is. Any mods can pull this post if that is something that should not be discussed here, or someone let me know and I'll pull it out.

It's possible. Note that most Dish receivers have hdd model numbers hard coded into the firmware. "Just any" 500gb drive is not likely to work. Gotta find out what's in the 722.

Check out the yahoo group: "dishmod"

This is how the 50x series works, but it reqires a reflash to format a new drive (WAY beyond the scope of 95% of users).

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. The Dish-Up price of a 722 is $100 which is about the same as the price of the hdd.

NO HACK TALK!

While we might be nearing the edge, flashing a box to upgrade a hdd is not the same as flashing it to steal programming. Scot would have to make the call.

In any case, no reflash is required for the 622. It's os is in flash, not on the HDD. It will automatically format a blank hdd (if it's on the approved model list).

I noticed that ability to pay online thru Customer Service option on 622 is gone once I got 4.41! Is this happening to everyone? I will call E* later in the day.

While we might be nearing the edge, flashing a box to upgrade a hdd is not the same as flashing it to steal programming. Scot would have to make the call.

In any case, no reflash is required for the 622. It's os is in flash, not on the HDD. It will automatically format a blank hdd (if it's on the approved model list).

Where is the approved list?

Where is the approved list?

Sorry for off topic. I was referring to attempting a swap of the internal drive (on a box you own). The short answer is that over time people just figure out what hdd models dish is installing. There's a longer answer which I'd rather not discuss here.

Yeah, I noticed this today as well. This will be a big problem during football games. I already had an issue today with the golf on earlier. Anyone else having this issue? C'mon Dish, get this back in the software.

Are you guys still having the extend record time issue? I just tried it tonite and it works fine: Press Record then press FF until you get the number of minutes you want to extend the recording.

I've been looking for this also. Anyone find it, or know where it went?

Did it get replaced by the Folders button? If so, where did the History button go?

Just hit DVR three times (one more when you are on the My Recordings screen). And then you can page up through the history.

What happened to the Event history that used to be accessible from the PVR screen ?
(anyone find it)?
I've been looking for this also. Anyone find it, or know where it went?

Did it get replaced by the GROUP button? If so, where did the History button go?
Just hit DVR three times (one more when you are on the My Recordings screen). And then you can page up through the history.

That's not what I'm looking for. There used to be a button "History" that you could press from the main DVR page, and it would show you what shows have been deleted from your hard drive and the reason why.
In particular I used it to see what programs had been deleted because the disk was full and I could go out and find them.
It also listed ALL programs that had been deleted. It was not limited to the last week or so.

That's not what I'm looking for. There used to be a button "History" that you could press from the main DVR page, and it would show you what shows have been deleted from your hard drive and the reason why.
In particular I used it to see what programs had been deleted because the disk was full and I could go out and find them.
It also listed ALL programs that had been deleted. It was not limited to the last week or so.

I went looking for this over the weekend and found its gone.

I wonder why?

LER

I went looking for this over the weekend and found its gone.

I wonder why?

LER

Possibly, tracking what is "moved" from dvr to external and back again required some coding that will show up again later. The old code is most likely commented out to prevent any conflicts or confusion until the new functions can be added.

How does that sound?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)