L4.41 Software

I don't think so. I tried it on the Dish Home Interactive page - "Check Order History" and it still tries to "dial" on the phone and fails...

I hope they add this because that's the only reason I wanted ethernet working.

The tech chat said that ethernet would still NOT replace every reason for needing a landline, just the "phone home" function. Additional changes are still being developed.

The tech chat said that ethernet would still NOT replace every reason for needing a landline, just the "phone home" function. Additional changes are still being developed.

Well I missed the tech chat :D

That said it really doesn't make sense not to map all the calls which would normally dial over modem to use ethernet instead. It's pretty basic...

At any rate, I just want the stupid $5 PAF to be dropped. If the IPConnect doesn't do that, I will disconnect them from my network, as it is really pointless.

Well I missed the tech chat :D

That said it really doesn't make sense not to map all the calls which would normally dial over modem to use ethernet instead. It's pretty basic...

At any rate, I just want the stupid $5 PAF to be dropped. If the IPConnect doesn't do that, I will disconnect them from my network, as it is really pointless.

Yes you will get your $5 discount with the IP connection.

I've read about and seen a lot of the new features for myself, but have there been any official release notes posted here or on Dish's site yet for L4.41?? I haven't found any...

My update arrived at 5:05. Everything looks fine, OTA signal strength is the same and CC issues seem resolved. Also forward and reverse that actually work, at least much better.

Just had 2 reboots when looking forward in the DVR schedule. Each time it hung and rebooted when i reached Friday the 17th.

Got It! However, first thing I noticed is my OTA channels show lower signal strength. Was that to be expected?
My OTA strength is the same as before. In fact, the lower channel that normally is 85-89 was reading 90-93 when I checked.

When I checked the USB device in the menu yesterday, there was a generic message saying something about an unsupported device and said to call 1-800-333-DISH (3474). The number L441 gives is now the RX activation number (888-241-2205).

Spoke with a woman there at 22:00 EDT and while she was working on it, I asked about call volume. She said she couldn't speak for everyone, but since coming on for the evening shift she had "a bunch of calls every hour - not too bad, but busy" and that she didn't have a 622/722. She wished she had one since it was now "an unlimited space DVR". Waiting for my evening timers to finish before formatting since it also does a reboot.

Groups are really nice, not concerned with th RJ45 just now, didn't check signal strength (I peaked with meter at dish), and no lockups/random reboots/etc. Very pleased with it with the minor exception of that "press Guide again for..." crap in the guide.

While fooling around with the USB drive, I see the stuff about Picture management too. Anyone use it? Is it useful? Handy? I've got a 50" Panny plasma that the wife would love to see slideshows on. The TV has an SD slot, but it is slow as crap using it for slideshows and it only uses about 1/3 of the screen real estate for them anyway... Like it's in PiP mode...

Has anyone run into the dreaded audio loss when pausing / unpausing a program? I have a digital optical cable hooked up to a Sony receiver. I had this problem with the 622 about a year ago and it required several hard boots to fix it. The update prior to 4.41 fixed the issue and low and behold the problem is back. Can Dish ever come out with an update that does not break something that was not broken before it???

My OTA strength is the same as before. In fact, the lower channel that normally is 85-89 was reading 90-93 when I checked.

Mine are consistently lower but come in fine. In fact my CBS affiliate which used to read 99-100 now reads 92-93 but so far at least dos not seem susceptible to occasional pixelization. But it has been only one night.

Another thing I noticed about the USB drive - it took about 2 minutes to format my 500GB Seagate FreeAgent.... Wow!

Doing the USB Drive Management, it tells you how big each program is (in MB) and how much free space you have on the drive. I transferred about 70GB before I went to bed and it estimated ~5 hours. Once the programs are there,playback from the external drive is good!

I had noticed a delay in playback of content from my ESD (750GB WD MyBook Essential). Is anyone else experiencing this?

I had selected a program, pressed the playback button and the screen went blank/black for what seemed an eternity (probably five or ten seconds).

I love the info displayed on recorded content. It would be a nice addition to be able to view size of recordings on the DVR's primary drive. It might be of use when deciding to purge or transfer content to the ESD. It would also be interesting to see size of MPEG2 HD programs and have a loose comparison of similar HD programs recorded from MPEG4 broadcast.

Cheers,
Spence

Problems

1)The external storage worked great yesterday morning. It required a system reboot last night to be able to use it. Hope that inactivity doesn't "disconnect" the Seagate FreeAgent 500 so that it has to be rebooted every time it goes inactive?!?

2) Had timers that did not fire last night while archiving. Missed three or four programs. What was odd was that the timers show that they fired, and the tuners were tied up during the time they should have been running, yet the programs themselves are missing. They never did show in the recorded program listing on the 622, even during their recording time. They showed up on the history listing of past, current and future events. (Hmm, wonder if there's any way they got recorded to the Archive instead of on the 622 drive? Doubful, but I'll check that).

3) The OTA for one of my channels is still messed up. Get great signal from one station but still get periodic dropouts. The local station said something about using a "Thayes Exciter" on their transmissions which the 622 didn't like, but I think that was to have been fixed several releases ago?

Anyone else having anything silimar happening?

3) The OTA for one of my channels is still messed up. Get great signal from one station but still get periodic dropouts. The local station said something about using a "Thayes Exciter" on their transmissions which the 622 didn't like, but I think that was to have been fixed several releases ago?
I've heard of this before, that is some incompatibility between ATSC tuners and the "exciter" used at stations. You should make both Dish and the station aware of the problem, while the station in turn should make their exciter vendor aware. Of course, then it becomes a bickering match over who's s/w is "broken".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)