L4.41 Software

wow, Foxbat, I am gonna be careful what I post in this thread from now on..I didnt know we were on posting quotas..
Normally, I'm a mellow guy... But today I'm kinda testy (look at some of my posts from today) and just corroborated what 8bitbytes had observed and Rockhard protested against. I'd be playing with L4.41, but *sniff* Dish doesn't Love me...
(heh-heh-heh)

I'm thinking I should just get off the computer and enjoy the weekend.:eureka

I've seen a couple things mentioned in this thread that I don't think I've ever done or know how to do. Or.... maybe I have and don't know it...

I've seen reference to "turn off tuner 1 and tuner 2"
Turn off tuners? How do you do that?

And "put the unit in standby mode" ... uh.... how do I do that?

Sorry to sound like a bare nekkid n00b, but I'm not sure I understand how to do these things.

The way you do this is hit the power button on the remote. If you are in single mode then both tuners go off with 1 press of the button. If you are in dual mode then you need to do do this on both TV 1 and TV 2. Standby and "off" are the same thing.

This happens every time Dish pushes a partial or phased s/w update. People don't get it and complain, whine, ask how to force it, on and on....

Right now it will just allow your box to "call in" as a phone line replacement. We have been told that in the future you will be able to do remote scheduling via the web and that they will activate their IP On Demand service called DishOnline. It has been said that we will be able to select from hundreds or thousands of programs and download them to our box to watch. kind of upgrade are you looking for? You already have the 622 right?

Just to verify...I got the L4.41 and the network connection is good. So does this mean I can (right now) unplug the telephone from the 622 and not get an audit? I just switched to a new phone service yesterday with a new phone number. Ironically, I went from traditional phone service to VoIP via my cable ISP. I suppose I should call DISH and let them know of new phone # to avoid audit/getting shut off (this happened when I moved, even though I called them with my new number). Is the risk of this happening lower if going thru Ethernet? Does anyone know if both phone and Ethernet are successfully hooked up to 622, which method is used as a default?

Wait...I have two other non-622 receivers in the house. They will still have to use the phone. I guess this whole question is academic after all.

This happens every time Dish pushes a partial or phased s/w update. People don't get it and complain, whine, ask how to force it, on and on....
...and then when they get it, they whine, complain, etc., when some obscure bug surfaces.

My gut guess is that Dish won't go wider with the release over the weekend and the next wave won't hit until Monday morning.

I got it last night.

Now I just have to wait for my new switch to show up, I'm already short on ethernet ports.

...and then when they get it, they whine, complain, etc., when some obscure bug surfaces.

My gut guess is that Dish won't go wider with the release over the weekend and the next wave won't hit until Monday morning.

It's a good guess. Don't want to put the tech support people through hell on the weekend :D

Is it 8/15 yet?

Cheers,

JEEz, reading what you people are saying is so making me want a DRINK! Thank goodness I have to jet to work soon, gotta show off the goods stripping for all the nice boys and girls.

Havn't seen it mentioned in this thread, but has anyone noticed a change in the pq, it seems worse on both HD and SD! It looks a little soft to me kinda like the Claritan commerical just needs a layer peeled off!lol But the problems with the ota dropping out is gone, thank goodness! Could be my eyes, I run a train all night long and the ol' eyes a little tired today! Maybe someone will chime in and give their account of this! EVERYTHING ELSE SEEMS TO BE GOOD!

Hall:
From what I remember earlier today... I was looking at the folders, highlighted Full House, pressed the select button, looked at the list of Full House shows, then hit the CANCEL button on the remote 1 time and it went back to the listing of Folders. The next cancel went back to the channel I was watching (HNN).

Kaman:
You can log into your account on the internet and update a Primary and a Secondary phone number. However, I don't think Dish cares if your receiver is connected to either one of the listed lines. But with multiple receivers, they may check to see if it's the same number dialing in, unless the receiver dialing is checking to see if the additional receivers are connected or not.

I have 2 accounts, I use the same two numbers on both accounts, but I swap the Pri and Sec numbers around. On one account the (single) receiver is not connected to a phone line; and the other account is connected to a totally different line. It dials in once a month... Make that 5 times a month, it now does its PMS once a month, and every week it dials in to confirm I only watch 3 channels. :D

Drone35:
Must be BNSF. :) Everytime I drive to the Gulf coast, or last week to Dallas, I see them running about every 5 minutes along US-287.

Since getting 4.41 I turned on folders and the remote is very slow (almost unresponsive). Anyone else encounter this?

x2

The last big update I noticed I was one of the last to get it. So I won't become concerned until the 15th. Even then I probably won't be too concerned because I don't have the extra $$$ around right now to buy any toys (Ext HD).

RedWings,
I'm kind with you on this one. Activating the ethernet doesn't seem to have any real purpose at this time and I don't have an external hard drive to hook up. I am encouraging my family NOT to use the DVR for long term storage since we just upgraded to HD service and "lost" about 100+ hours of stored programs that we had on the 625 when they swapped it out for the 622. My wife bought DVDs of the stuff we really wanted. (That amounted to a grand total of 2 DVDs...... kinda makes ya think about what you were storing)

So basically when I do get the new software I'm getting whatever features and fixes are NOT related to the USB and ethernet. And I'm ok with that. But it also means I'm in no real hurry here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts