L4.41 Software

For the last time there is nothing you can do to manually force an update for your receiver if it's not targeted to get it.

For the last time there is nothing you can do to manually force an update for your receiver if it's not targeted to get it.

How's that ?? :p

Could you repeat that please? :D

Just got 4.41!

Shut off the receiver at 9:15 and it started downloading.

It had been off all last night so they definitely are pushing it out this evening.

Went ahead and called to activate the external HDD, (figured what the heck, I got the message witht he phone# so I'd give it a try! :) and the non-native English speaker (who actually spoke English fairly well) did state it could be activated but not until tomorrow. So at least they know about it now!

Shut off the receiver at 9:15 and it started downloading.

It had been off all last night so they definitely are pushing it out this evening.

Went ahead and called to activate the external HDD, (figured what the heck, I got the message witht he phone# so I'd give it a try! :) and the non-native English speaker (who actually spoke English fairly well) did state it could be activated but not until tomorrow. So at least they know about it now!

NO CHANGES in FW stream since 9am PDT !

Better info will be if you'll post your DVR R00xxxxxx number.

ok I got 441 over night. The update fairy was kind. Greeted by the new screen saver. The new signal strength thing is a bit weird. It LOOK like I've had a big drop in signal strength, but of course they are just scaling it differently now..... even though the actual SCALE still goes to 125. My weak signal (from 61.5) is now about 50 and my strong signal (from 110 or 119) is around 70. Those numbers used to be weak = 70 and strong = 95

So it could be disconcerting to some.

Turned on groups in the recordings section. Only have 6 things recorded so that didn't do much :)

Don't have ethernet connected so THAT didn't thrill me.

No external hard drive (yet) so THAT isn't a huge deal.

Guide still looks teh same. Although I do believe I'm seeing new channels :)

Got It! However, first thing I noticed is my OTA channels show lower signal strength. Was that to be expected?

L4.41 screwed up my receiver

I got L4.41 last night. Now I have no picture or audio on HDMI. Component shows a picture but cannot handle HD on this TV. TV2 shows a picture but no audio. I re-booted the receiver and it goes to a Boot recovery page. Once it's back up and running still no audio on either TV or picture on HDMI.

Home Plug working...

I didn't even have to hook up a gaming adapter or connection, the home plug function went out and found my Netgear PLID and obtained an IP address, how cool is that...

Got It! However, first thing I noticed is my OTA channels show lower signal strength. Was that to be expected?

I noticed the same thing this morning. I didn't, however, notice and dropouts or pixelization (although I didnt' have alot of time to check it out).

I wonder if the OTA signal strength is simply being scaled like the satellite signal strength. Sat strengths look lower now and proportionally, my OTA appears to have scaled as well. Does not appear to have any affect whatsoever on actual signal strength as I went to my absolute weakest OTA digital channel and it's still coming in just fine. The signal strength indicated on this channel .... had I had that strength BEFORE the software update... would be causing frequent drops and pixelation.

So my belief is that we're seeing the same scaling on the OTA as on the satellite signal.

Didn't have much time to play. And I'm at work now so won't be playing until later.

Favorites Bug L4.41

Ok I got L4.41 on both my 622's last night at 3am, I had done a factory reset on both my receivers, and went to rebuild my favorites lists, the problem was, when adding new channels to the list they would not stick after saving the settings and going back to the guide also new channels which I did not select would show up on the favorites list, I had to go back over it numerous times to get them to stick, I never had this problem before, L4.41 it was reproducible on both my 622'2.

David

Is Broadband "dial out" enabled yet? I have seen screen shots of it, but I can't figure out how to get to that spot in the menu's to try it..:rolleyes:

I don't think so. I tried it on the Dish Home Interactive page - "Check Order History" and it still tries to "dial" on the phone and fails...

I hope they add this because that's the only reason I wanted ethernet working.

Everyone should have it now.

PID: 08B1h, ID: 1ZKC, FW: L441, Model: ViP622/ViP722
Tue Aug 14 23:19:45 2007

New FW:'L441'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[3-8]1[AB0-6]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 1-4000000000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)