Midnight (PDT) changes :

PID=08B1h

DownloadID:'1IKC'
Upgrading FW: 'L405': 'ABA1'- 'BPK1' 'L040'- 'L404'
New FW:'L405'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs: '1[3-8]1[AB0-4]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers: [2] 1-4000000000

I would say L4.05 spooling for all receivers, but please check your SystemInfo screen for compatible BC and BS.

Last edited:
Not that we should trust the Tech Portal anymore but this is what they got:

5/16/2007: 1002 Software Version L4.04 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Tuesday, May 17th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L4.05 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.05 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Not that we should trust the Tech Portal anymore but this is what they got:

5/16/2007: 1002 Software Version L4.04 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Tuesday, May 17th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L4.05 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.05 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

I certainly wouldn't trust it, May 17th is Thursday (today) not Tuesday. ;)

NightRyder

Got 405 on my 622 here. Funny thing is that it happened around noon. I wasn't watching anything. The 622 was in standby and I had the TV on that it is connected to so that floating Dish Network logo was on screen.

Walk out of room for a few minutes and come back and that "Vital program information is now being downloaded to your receiver" or some such language.

I just thought it odd that this update didn't occur at the update time that I had changed to 8am.

Oh and I haven't has any OTA issues ever. Bootstrap 1711 in case you want to know

Got 4.05 today and still getting pixelation on UHF channel 50 OTA. 100 Sig Str.

Have you checked to see if the pixelation shows on other OTA tuners as well? OTA has been a bit of a pain. My nbc has had local issues as well so half the time it's hard to tell whether it's the 622 or a local issue.

Got 4.05 today and still getting pixelation on UHF channel 50 OTA. 100 Sig Str.
Go to AVS Forum, find your market's "local HDTV reception" thread, and see if others are having issues with this same channel. Odds are, you're not alone and it's NOT specific to 622 receivers. Now, with the rash of recent s/w updates Dish has spit out for the 622, it's hard to determine if one of the updates is to blame. Oftentimes, a local station will go to crap for someone yet their receiver hasn't gotten an update in months. In those cases, the station usually did something.

Ive been getting this station OTA for 3 months now. No issues with my sony hdtv ever or my HR20. Started the day I got my 622 with 4.03 about 4 weeks ago. I can watch the station for 30 minutes straight with the 622, will get pixelation and audio hangs about every 3-4 minutes. Will get the yellow screen for around 3 seconds once every 10 minutes. If I switch to the tv for the next 30, NOTHING.

Its honestly not an issue to watch, just kinda irritating. Im do check my local thread on AVS daily as I get email updates. This channel is not an issue for anyone else, plus its not a problem for my tv.

Safe to say the 622 has an issue with this channel. Someone else posted they think it has issues with high UHF channels, dunno about the validity of that.

In fact, in many markets the engineers of the stations are known to post or at least lurk around in the forum for their market on AVS.

Just remembered, Oljim, a poster on here is in another town but moved his antenna and tuned the channel in and did not get pixelation. His SS was in the 70's. Maybe it has an issue with higher SS on high UHF channels. My local abc(uhf 30 something) has 100 all the time and does not ever pixelate.

Ill post at AVS now and see if anyone other than oljim(hes there too) has OTA issues with NBC and the 622.

Good that you've already checked over there. I'm by no means saying the 622 is perfect but you always have to narrow down the potential sources of problems.

Are you relatively close to this station's tower ?? Are they putting out high-power ?? It's possible you're overloading the 622.

I understand, many do not trouble shoot before blaming the equipment.

Edited with better info.

Channel information

UHF 34 ABC 630kw SS 100
UHF 40 Fox 400kw SS 100
UHF 47 CBS 1000kw SS 90
UHF 50 NBC 1000kw SS 100 Problem Child

All these are close together around 40 miles away. They all put their towers on the same hill

Since they're all clustered together and all get good signal numbers, how 'bout mis-aiming your antenna a bit ?? I doubt that ABC or FOX will suffer and with CBS at 90, it should stay in an acceptable range.

It's impressive that at 40 miles you get "100" on those. Large, high antenna ??

Ive got a Phillips 51 element antenna about 20 ft up in my attic. Its like 8ft long and 6 ft wide at the largest point. Barely got it up there since this is a rental townhome hehe.

Reaiming will be an issue with the way the attic is, how about trying a different attenuator? 3db?

Attic could be your problem. Lots of multipath is caused by the nails, roof shingles, etc. I had to move mine outside before I got good signals.

I got 405 sometime last night. The fast forward is fixed,Yeh. I havent noticed anything else but then I do not use off the air so wouldn;t know about that.
I think if you email anything to dish off the web site and mention you are having a problem with something, and you get an email back asking you for all kinds of info from your receiver you get priorty on updates.
I just got an answer back last week on the fix of fast forward and reverse and they said they were working on it, and now it is fixed.
The rest of you might want to try that. Just go on the dishnetwork.com and find contact us and tell them you are having trouble with something that they are working on and it they ask you for info on your receiver, like smart card number and receiver number you will be inline for the first update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)