L617 Software Bug Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm having an issue with 617 software on my 622. Last 2 mornings I went to change the channel and I got a message "Error 004"
It basiclly stated press channel up or down to change channel,Or press and Hold Power button on front of Receiver.
Only with the HD channels does this happen.
I also been getting another message," You smart card is not autherised for this channel", On some of my locals. ( NOT OTA) But if I keep changing the channels the message would go away. I do have the purple smart card, and had it since before Christmas. This is the first Issue I've had with this receiver. What do you suggest? Call E*? 61.5 is the HD satellite I use

One of the two 622's I have now has L617. We noticed it yesterday afternoon although it may have happended Friday. That is when we noticed a hung quide download. It never did finish from Friday till Sunday when I finally rebooted.

Another thing that happed was that the sound to the HDMI connected TV disappeared. I looked at another input on that same TV that used composite signals and the sound was fine.

Also there were two items in the DVR schedule that the machine says was recorded (Had "Done" in the DVR schedule). But they could not be found on the internal Hard Drive of the receiver.

I did a power button reboot and the sound came back. Can' t tell if the guide download still has problems. A program set to record later after the reboot did record.

I'm having a DishComm problem, again. I have 2 622's both with L617. The one with the phone line will not detect the remote one when I do a scan. The remote receiver will detect the main and gets communication results all in the good range. It was working when the main had L617 and the remote still had L616 but now that they both have L617 the caller ID has not worked. They are both plugged directly into a wall socket and I've tried rebooting both but the main receiver just will not detect the remote receiver with the scan. Bummer.

Ok I need to make an edit here. I got both receivers to detect each other with good communication numbers. They both pass the phone connection test but caller ID info will not show up on the remote receiver.

Last edited:
One of the two 622's I have now has L617. We noticed it yesterday afternoon although it may have happended Friday. That is when we noticed a hung quide download. It never did finish from Friday till Sunday when I finally rebooted.
I had similar problems yesterday with my ViP 622 w/L617. I tried everything to get the Guide to download. Eventually, around 4:45pm ET, I called Dish Technical support. I had already tried the fron panel reboot, the pull-the-power-for-a-minute reboot, the clear-the-switch-matrix-and-rescan fix, and finally I pulled the power from both the 622 and my 211 to reset the DP34. I had even tried resetting the nightly guide reset to 4:10pm EST and watched the results. Nothing was working.

The guide download on my 622 would get to 95% and then hang. It would eventually time out after 15 minutes or so, but then I wouldn't have any info more than one event past the current event, plus the DVR timers had nothing scheduled. The technical CSR had me try the check switch and we were eventually successful in getting the guide loaded. I felt bad for the guy since it seemed like I kept him on for over an hour and after 14 minutes of waiting, the guide finally loaded.

I don't know if it's related to 617 but everytime I shutoff my 622, when I turn it back on it's always on the Dish info channel. Never did that before.

yesterday this happened several times.. beautiful blue skys out side, not a cloud in sight.. system would show that it's unable to show the channel due to no signal from the transponder.. hitting up and back down on the channel numbers would get the signal to return..

Guide hanging

Today I was moving shows off my 622 onto the hard drive and it was suppose to take about 1h47m. I turned off the receiver and the television. Well within the 1h47m, I happened to turn on the television and the 622 was hung downloading a guide. I have already tried the check switch but I don't think that is going to take care of this problem. I'm going to try and leave the receiver on and see what happens next. I don't remember if the maintenance reboot will leave the receiver in an on state or if the receiver will be left off. Also, the programs did not transfer to the external hard drive. Anywho, I'll try and keep you updated.

--Grin&Barrett

Remember: DON'T BE A BONEHEAD! :D :D

At almost the same time of day, around noon-2pm, various HD channels coming from the new sat at 129 (Ciel 2) will pixelate badly for a several minutes at a time, then be okay for 15-20 minutes, then do it again for several minutes at a time. Don't know if it's L617 or something they're doing with Ciel 2. The weather hasn't been an issue, as it hasn't hardly rained here in 4-5 days and it doesn't happen after around 2pm, much, if at all.
I am also wondering if my problems are satellite-related or 617-related. I posted two earlier messages on this thread assuming my problems were either with 617 or with the local station itself. Now CIEL-2 has entered the mix.

I don't know the exact timing, but I do know that, because CIEL-2 is now operational, Los Angeles locals in HD are now spot beamed. Getting 617, having my locals switch to spot, and having pixellation and drop out problems (lasting 10 minutes or so) on my locals all happened at about the same time. Sometimes I have horrible pixellation (with audio still clear). Other times, I see frequent dropouts lasting just a fraction of a second, only on my locals. During these dropouts the picture goes black and the audio is interrupted. Dropouts happen about every 5 seconds for several minutes, then all is well again.

I live only 13 miles from downtown LA, so I doubt I am near the edge of the spot. I need locals via satellite because I live up against the mountains, and do not have a line of sight to many of the OTA broadcast antennas. I get NBC OTA with a very strong signal. I don't get ABC, CBS, or Fox OTA at all.

New bug.. watching American Idol tonight and play back froze solid.. forward.. back.. start over.. nadda.. had to hit live tv and rewind to get back to where we were.. well this version is one of the more bugger version in the past year.. way to go team?

New bug.. watching American Idol tonight and play back froze solid.. forward.. back.. start over.. nadda.. had to hit live tv and rewind to get back to where we were.. well this version is one of the more bugger version in the past year.. way to go team?

That is what you get for watching American Idol!!!:D

I have had severe pixellation with freezing, but not affecting the audio. I had this problem with software versions 616 and 617. I also have a VIP 612 and have the same pixellation on this receiver at the same time that it occurs on my VIP 622 receiver. The pixellation mainly occurs on FOX.

While I was watching CBS in HD last night (Survivor) I was having severe audio dropouts. The picture automatically switched from HD to SD and the audio dropouts stopped. The picture switched for both of my receivers and remained in SD until I went to bed. I'm not sure if it's changed back to HD yet because the Early Show is not broadcast in HD.

Just for a quick update, they still have my CBS HD channel (WBTW - Florence, Myrtle Beach) in SD for some reason. The only thing I can figure is they are trying to fix the audio dropout problem on the HD feed.

One thing to add ...

Downloaded Episode 102 of "The Beast". It is supposed to be 1080p. 1080p does not work with 617. At least for this episode and my setup.

I am also wondering if my problems are 617-related or with the local station itself
I can't record my OTA PBS station severe pixellation drop outs
But now I noticed with a signal of 91 the live buffer rewinds then at the first
pixellation jumps to live
I have 1 station with signal strength in the 60's used to get a yellow warning box
now just the pixellation drop outs but I get that on live also where the PBS
shows 90-91 strength and looks good
The PBS is from another DMA so can't record off Sat.

Say what

I am also wondering if my problems are 617-related or with the local station itself
I can't record my OTA PBS station severe pixellation drop outs
But now I noticed with a signal of 91 the live buffer rewinds then at the first
pixellation jumps to live
I have 1 station with signal strength in the 60's used to get a yellow warning box
now just the pixellation drop outs but I get that on live also where the PBS
shows 90-91 strength and looks good
The PBS is from another DMA so can't record off Sat.

PBS is OTA what is stopping U from recording it off air. Is it because that DMA is not carried by E* and you have no schedule info? If that is all then go on line and find out when things you like are showing and sch. manual timers. It's a little harder that way but will work. You can record PBS off E* sat anyway. They don't carry PBS HD in but a very few DMA's.

I had moved all the programs I wanted to keep off my 622 to the Archive EHD. Now when I call up the list of My Recording, the Archive disk doesn't show up as a choice. I have to go through the "My Media" menu to access my archived events. That doesn't seem right.

Foxbat,
The name of the external was changed to My Media several weeks ago.
You have to go to DVR-4-1 to retrieve/delete the EHD recordings.
Or DVR-DVR-down(as needed)-select My Media from the recordings list does this, too.
You will not have a My Media in the recordings nor can you proceed past DVR-4 if device is off/unplugged.
The difference is DVR-4-1 lets you back off to DVR-4-2 to send new stuff to the EHD or see sizes.
I may be missing something obvious you were saying.
-Ken

I keep getting the signal lost (002) error frequently and randomly. It is not weather related as it also happens when it is clear outside. The message will not go away on its own...ever! You have to change channels, press the guide button or DVR button to get the video back. The funny thing is that I've also had this message pop up while I'm watching a recorded program (you have to press the DVR button and then cancel out of the menu and the program is still playing.) It does not seem to matter what satellite I'm tuned to as it has happened on all three (110, 119, and 61.5)

An interesting side note, I had a program recording but I also happened to be watching it at the same time. The 002 message popped up about 10 times during the program. When I watched the recorded version there were no inconsistencies in the video or audio (meaning there was no actual signal loss).

None of my other receivers (625 and 311) exhibit this problem.

VIP 622 - L6.17 - Hardware ID: RBDD-N

Audio dropouts continue to happen even after a power plug reboot. Just had six of them while watching "Judgment at Nuremberg" recorded from HDNet Movies. Those are the same random drops that I've been having since FW 4 or 5, brief and not repeatable by rewinding. It means that nothing appears to have changed since the FW upgrade that created the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)