L617 Software Bug Thread

Please keep this on bug reports and trouble reports only. Please do not use this thread as a discussion thread.

Thanks for your help in Making Dish Networks 622/722 even better for all!

Last night I was watching an OTA channel, changed to a satellite channel and it was fine. When I went back to OT A all I got was a black screen on all OTA channels. Went downstairs to check on another receiver an OTA was working. This is on a 622 receiver.

Last night I was watching an OTA channel, changed to a satellite channel and it was fine. When I went back to OT A all I got was a black screen on all OTA channels. Went downstairs to check on another receiver an OTA was working. This is on a 622 receiver.

That happened to my 622 with L617 too. Black screen with 0% signal but didn't get the usual lost signal error message. I turned the receiver off and on again and they came back. One good thing happened too. I'm able to get a local OTA that I could never get before.

That happened to my 622 with L617 too. Black screen with 0% signal but didn't get the usual lost signal error message. I turned the receiver off and on again and they came back. One good thing happened too. I'm able to get a local OTA that I could never get before.

This has happened to me since at least L614.

Ted

L617 downloaded last night sometime.

Tonight, two of my dishHD locals were a black screen with audio. A while fiddling with things, I hit pip then swap and lo and behold the picture came back.

We tried to watch some recorded events. One of them would show only blackness and trying to fast-forward it, it would go forward a few minutes and just hang.

After the night's timers were done, I did a power cord reboot, and everything seems fine now.

I am now on 617. Last night, while watching my local ABC station (Los Angeles) via Dish, I suddenly got such severe pixelation that the picture was unintelligible. Audio was not affected. I tried using Swap, and Recall, and manually changing the channel and then changing back. Nothing worked. Good picture returned on its own after about 10 minutes. I don't know if this is a 617 bug or if the station itself was having a problem. I couldn't compare the OTA signal because I can't get KABC OTA.

I am now on 617. Last night, while watching my local ABC station (Los Angeles) via Dish, I suddenly got such severe pixelation that the picture was unintelligible. Audio was not affected. I tried using Swap, and Recall, and manually changing the channel and then changing back. Nothing worked. Good picture returned on its own after about 10 minutes. I don't know if this is a 617 bug or if the station itself was having a problem. I couldn't compare the OTA signal because I can't get KABC OTA.
My local ABC was pixelating last night also but OTA was fine

Last evening (Wednesday 11 Feb 2009) while attempting to get my 129 readings (I am in SLC Zip 84128) to post elsewhere, the 722 VIP seemed to hit a snag where no reading would show (even after it had previously on the same channel) then the 722 would all of a sudden go into a reboot. I was able to reproduce this 2 times, however I was not able to continue with any further testing as both SatDVR positions were recording Thursday Evening items.

Ted...

My 622 just failed to start recording Survivor. I'll be looking at iTunes for it in the morning, otherwise I guess I'll get to see how well Boxee works. My bigger concern is why it happened. On the schedule, it shows that Survivor is recording, but it is not listed in My Recordings. The only thing that has changed recently is I installed my new smart cards earlier this evening.

Ted

This problem has not recurred. On the other hand, I only watch ABC one hour per night. Either my problem was just a random glitch having nothing to do with 617, or the bug is the worst kind---very intermittent.

That happened to me last night. :/

Guide download hanging

Well, I'm a little slow to respond to this problem I'm having. With L616, I'd wake up and turn on the receiver in the morning and the guide would be about 7/8 of the way done. It would not go any further. Since receiving L617, I've powered the receiver off for about 30 minutes and then plugged it back into power. I received a hung guide download last night. I still haven't looked to see if the OTA timer for LOST was interrupted or not. Thanks. --Mark

I was recording 3 HD programs (2 tuners and 1 OTA). Pressed the guide button on the remote and the 722 rebooted.

I haven't had any missed shows, but I'm seeing a lot of reruns showing up as new. Unlike in the past, they all have the proper episode numbers, original air dates, and descriptions.

I did a power plug reboot because I was seeing lockups like crazy, black screen on my ota tuner. When the reboot was over , I had lost all of my local timers and some of my ota timers. They were listed in the timers menu but were not in the daily schedule for recording. I had to recreate all of the timers I no longer had in daily recording schedule. It was about 35 or 40 timers. The strange thing is the lower priority timers for my wife's decorating shows were still in the daily recording schedule. Much to my wife's delight and my frustration. This software is messing up my 722.

At almost the same time of day, around noon-2pm, various HD channels coming from the new sat at 129 (Ciel 2) will pixelate badly for a several minutes at a time, then be okay for 15-20 minutes, then do it again for several minutes at a time. Don't know if it's L617 or something they're doing with Ciel 2. The weather hasn't been an issue, as it hasn't hardly rained here in 4-5 days and it doesn't happen after around 2pm, much, if at all.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)