This a software bug, but a hardware issue

EHDs are cheap enough, get one and try it and see if it's miraculously fixed. If you can't afford one, borrow one as a test. If this is a software issue as you suspect, I have to think that your 722 is a different variant than mine which does not exhibit this behavior. Possible, I suppose... I think it about as unlikely as getting 3 receivers in a row with bad disks. But stranger things have happened.

Another thought... What is your EHD? Can you give us a manufacturer/model? I trust it's externally powered, and not bus powered. I've got an older bus-powered USB2 My Passport drive that reliably crashes my receivers, even when I'm not transferring anything.

I really don't know what you expect. My setup has been working for years and now it's not. Nothing has changed, they are becoming corrupt without being transferred to the EHD, they are a mix of satellite and OTA, I've had no power failures, some of these recordings were already watched completely or partially, it's not a signal issue and they aren't corrupt during recording.

And it is not the move process that brings them to my attention. I never initiated the move. I've found them from either highlighting them and noticing the amount selected wasn't increasing, or trying to watch one and getting the error 5 (from an unwatched recording, a partially watched recording or a recording previously watched).

If this isn't enough information for you, you can't choose to not reply anymore.

Sorry for taking the time trying to help by laying some things out for you and trying to narrow down the problem you are having. I won't bother anymore. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts