L617 Software Bug Thread

722 w/ L617 software: I have had L617 for about 5-6 days, and have seen two issues. First I have had several timers that in the schedule showed that were to occur but when the time came, no recording took place. Also I have had several recordings that showed that the entire event was recorded. However when watching them, the screen would freeze up in the middle of the recording and the only way to remedy the situation was to hit the Live TV button. These recording always freeze up at the same place. I have had other recording that have worked fine though. I have had my current set up since Sept of 08 and have not had any issues like this until this most recent update. I will be trying a power cord reboot when I get home.

I keep getting the signal lost (002) error frequently and randomly. It is not weather related as it also happens when it is clear outside. The message will not go away on its own...ever! You have to change channels, press the guide button or DVR button to get the video back. The funny thing is that I've also had this message pop up while I'm watching a recorded program (you have to press the DVR button and then cancel out of the menu and the program is still playing.) It does not seem to matter what satellite I'm tuned to as it has happened on all three (110, 119, and 61.5)

I've experienced the same issue on my 622. I've noticed it on 129 even though my signal strength is stronger than it used to be (it's around 55). And I've experienced it while watching recorded programs.

PBS is OTA what is stopping U from recording it off air. Is it because that DMA is not carried by E* and you have no schedule info? If that is all then go on line and find out when things you like are showing and sch. manual timers. It's a little harder that way but will work. You can record PBS off E* sat anyway. They don't carry PBS HD in but a very few DMA's.

OTA HAVE schedule info It records just can't watch it anymore
severe pixellation drop outs jumps to live
it Happens on other locals now too
I happen to watch a show as it recorded perfect signal was 71-73
after it was over started recorded show severe pixellation drop outs jumps to live
tried soft boot, hard boot, etc etc nothing helps
All my OTA locals are a different DMA then my sat locals And no I haven't moved

on my weak station I no longer get a part of your recording was lost meassage or the yellow box lost signal even tho it has SOFTWARE UPDATE?

Foxbat,
The name of the external was changed to My Media several weeks ago.
You have to go to DVR-4-1 to retrieve/delete the EHD recordings.
Or DVR-DVR-down(as needed)-select My Media from the recordings list does this, too.
You will not have a My Media in the recordings nor can you proceed past DVR-4 if device is off/unplugged.
The difference is DVR-4-1 lets you back off to DVR-4-2 to send new stuff to the EHD or see sizes.
I may be missing something obvious you were saying.
-Ken
It's a change in behavior. If I have a couple of events on the internal hard drive, the "My Media" folder used to appear as the first item in the recorded events. I'm waiting for my usual Monday night programs to record to see if that brings it back.

It was convenient, that's all.

Foxbat, the recordings listed above My Media are currently recording--up to 3 of them.

WRT the messages popping up even while watching recordings, if they are yellow I believe those are from the OTA tuner. These happen even if you are not viewing or recording from the OTA. You need to select a really solid OTA channel before switching away to the satellite tuners. Recall will swap the current and last channel and in single mode Swap will also switch between a different pair.

Now if I can remember to do that switching it might get rid of some anomalies for me. These messages should not be there except if you were recording/viewing the OTA. Enough said.
-Ken

It's a change in behavior. If I have a couple of events on the internal hard drive, the "My Media" folder used to appear as the first item in the recorded events. I'm waiting for my usual Monday night programs to record to see if that brings it back.

It was convenient, that's all.

It still should. I have 622s and a 722 here all on 617 and My Media is the first item on my list under the My Recordings tab.

Did groups get turned off by accident or with the update by chance? You probably already checked that but it is the only thing I can think of.

As soon as I have recordings on the internal disk, then the "My Media" folder appears. If the "My Recordings" is empty, the "My Media" folder does not appear. I say it should show up, if nothing else, for consistency.

Not sure if this is a 617 problem but it is strange. I have Hot Shots and Hot Shots Part Deux stored on the 722 drive. Out of the blue the titles have switched with the movies. I wound up renaming them so you would get the one you were asking for. Not a big deal, just strange.

I got L617 a few weeks ago, and have had numerous glitches since then. Several times I've turned the box on and only get a black screen on OTA channels (signal strength indicates 0%). If there's recordings in progress, turning the box off and back on does not remedy the problem. Thankfully, the recordings, for the most part, are fine when I watch them at a later time. When the screen is black, I am unable to use the Swap Tuner feature. I can use PIP and see the alternate channel in the small window, but cannot swap (with PIP on or off).

I've also had at least one or two unscheduled reboots per week since L617 was installed. I've found recordings split up with gaps of approx. 10 minutes (reboot time). The box is set up with a backup power supply, and there's been no indication of any power blips.

There's also been a few recording failures. A couple of shows have failed to record entirely, and a few others have been cut off (ie: started several minutes late or ended several minutes early).

This weekend, the Guide appeared to update correctly with Daylight Saving Time (ie: at 2am everything appeard to jump to 3am). However, a scheduled recording of The Universe on DiscoveryHD which started at 1:59am, and appeared to automatically update from 2-4am to 3-5am, apparently failed to record properly. After all looked good, I went to bed. But on Sunday when I saw the recorded program in my DVR list it only recorded for 3 minutes.

I've also had a few occasions where the box has froze up while using the DVR, such as when deleting a program or just viewing the DVR listings. The box stops responding to any remote inputs. I've had to use the reset button on the box to reboot it.

I continue to have recordings stop on one of the 722s. At least one was a short stop and picked up again. This may be a symptom of the message that my SmartCard is not authorized. Going up and down starts a new recording. Did one up or down and found the second recording was for the other channel. This 722 was a refurb replacement and thus the SmartCard, which was not required on the "new" one where I have not had this problem. They are run in single mode.
-Ken

This problem seems to have started with L617. I have a 622 and have had recordings interupted and getting the 005 error about "the smart card not having authoaization".My wife records Fox& Friends On the Fox news Ch. every morning from 5:00 am to 8:00 am. and some mornings when she gets up around 7:00 she turns the tv on ( tv 2) there is the message. She press the up or down button and is asked if you want to stop the recording. She presses no and the the show pops up but parts of it do not get recorded. This does not happen every day but does once or twice a week. I have called Tech support about this but they were of little help.

On several programs, all of which happen to be various CSI shows recorded off the Satellite feed of WCBS-HD, I have had the episodes jump suddenly to the end and bringing up the menu for the end of the recording. I backup the show several seconds, and it continues again for maybe 10 minutes, and the samething happens. No problem so far with any other recordings. This on ViP622 still on L617.

Time for a L618 thread.

I just noticed I have .18 and have my first major issue in years. I just am not sure when I got it but my timers got corrupted last night and I am not sure if they two are tied.

if you lock up skipping a timed event then welcome to my hell that started last night out of the blue. The unit would 'stick' on the screen as soon as i clicked SKIP. Now the program in the pip window still played and I had audio. After 4 or 5 minutes the unit would reboot. You could not cancel out to get back to full screen. Once skip was clicked I was screwed.

I do recall now that when it rebooted the item WAS skipped but I have no real idea if this is because of the new revision but i have had no problems until last night

and per the advise I got in the thread I created this morning I let the system unplugged for 15 and then i had also had to delete all timers and start adding them back. No idea is this is really fixed or what caused it but if I had money to bet it's .18 related. Ogh last night I tried deleting a few timers and it would lock up doing that too. It even locked up when I was in the timer menu trying to scroll up and down to select the timers i wanted to hose. It just stopped moving around and after a few minutes.....rebooted on me.

So far I seem ok but time will tell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts