L630

Why does 627 get stickied and not this? The software release is honestly a POS. My receiver now routinely records episodes that are not new for "new episode only" timers, reboots in the middle of watching a program, will not allow me to start a program from the beginning that is already recording, and generally acts like a beta.

I should note. About 4 days after I received L630 my 622 did one more phantom reboot, and after that it's been rock solid. Don't know what happened to fix it. That's going on 9 days now, give or take.

OK guys help me out here just put in a VIP622 with L630.On my 625 I could press the position button and side by side PIP would appear on screen.On my 622 press position button and the picture gets squeezed in on both sides(doesn't matter what the 622 is set (4:3 #1or2 or 16:9)

On my 625 I could press PIP button once it would be small PIP,twice PIP a little larger,three times side by side PIP would be on screen.With my 622 press PIP button once PIP is small,twice PIP a little larger,three times and the larger PIP is still there,no side by side PIP?.:confused::(

No reboots yet except once when I was on Dish online.:confused:

The 622 had dual outputs so it may behave slightly different than the 625. To get side by side PIP with the 622, I press the PIP button 3 times. first time gives me a small pip window. second time gives me a bigger pip window. third time gives me side by side. When pip windows are up, pressing position moves the pip window around the screen. When pressing the swap button, what was on the main screen goes to the pip, and what was in the pip goes to the main screen.

The 622 had dual outputs so it may behave slightly different than the 625. To get side by side PIP with the 622, I press the PIP button 3 times. first time gives me a small pip window. second time gives me a bigger pip window. third time gives me side by side. When pip windows are up, pressing position moves the pip window around the screen. When pressing the swap button, what was on the main screen goes to the pip, and what was in the pip goes to the main screen.

Thanks for the reply Mike.When I press PIP button three times on my 622 still no side by side PIP.Wonder if L630 or bootstrap version has something to do with it?.Bootstrap 1731

Last edited:
Well, I disconnected the network from my 622. I decided that the "crash on demand" service wasn't worth it.
I had a perfectly good receiver...it was a great receiver. Now it is an unstable POS! Thanks for nothing Dish! I want my old software back!!!!

Mine behaves the exact same way...always has. L630 didn't change it, so I'm okay too.

Yes, that would make a big difference. I also keep mine in single mode. Dual mode (sharing the receiver with another tv) would make PIP behave very badly...

Mine is almost always in single mode,so I'm at a loss here,if I were to take a guess here by what I have read here and elsewhere I would guess the bootstrap or hardware ID may have something to do with it?.Mine is: L630
Bootstrap:1731
Hardware ID: RBGD-N

Mine is almost always in single mode,so I'm at a loss here,if I were to take a guess here by what I have read here and elsewhere I would guess the bootstrap or hardware ID may have something to do with it?.Mine is: L630
Bootstrap:1731
Hardware ID: RBGD-N

Did you do a hard reboot (unplugging the power) for at least 30 seconds?
Bootstrap here: 1731
Hardware: RBDD-N

Have you talked with second-level tech support at Dish Network yet?

Didn't get to second level,I guess as I'm having hangups in my recordings also.So Dish Tech support is sending me another 622.I'll compare and report back.The answer is no she didn't know anything about the values and she said she was Tech support and she was very nice.;)

I also have DHPP.:)

Last edited:
If you get a chance can you check your values in Details in System Info long time DNC?.It may help,then it may not.:confused:

Also something else that interests me is I can see in my Counters that Dish is checking it every day,compared to my 625 it was checked every 7days,so maybe that means Dish Network was seeing the problem I'm having too?.:confused:

I shall continue my quest for the perfection of side by side PIP on my 622.;)

Jhon69 said:
If you get a chance can you check your values in Details in System Info long time DNC?.It may help,then it may not.:confused:

Also something else that interests me is I can see in my Counters that Dish is checking it every day,compared to my 625 it was checked every 7days,so maybe that means Dish Network was seeing the problem I'm having too?.:confused:

I shall continue my quest for the perfection of side by side PIP on my 622.;)

What do the values mean in the system info screen? I have been trying to make since of what they mean. And how do you know that Dish checks the Counters every day?
When I go to the sys info page to look at the values at the top of the page it has always shown the satellites 110,119,129 for both Tuner 0 and Tuner 1 and I am not on those satellites. I am on the 1000.4 dish 77, 72 and 61.5. I called tech support and that is what satellites they show I have on my account.

...When I go to the sys info page to look at the values at the top of the page it has always shown the satellites 110,119,129 for both Tuner 0 and Tuner 1 and I am not on those satellites. I am on the 1000.4 dish 77, 72 and 61.5...

I asked this question long ago. I was told DISH still hasn't updated the software to incorporate the EA dishes.

I am so sick of this L630 CRAP firmware!

I just tried going into "Dish Cinema" for the first time, and my 622 receiver locked up, and then rebooted. I've had spontaneous reboots in the middle of recordings (even more than once on the same recording), just since this firmware. Every firmware Dish downloads, creates more problems than it supposedly fixes!

Are they EVER going to get a usable firmware?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts