L710 for ViP622 Today (12/06)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDinTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
I noticed that all of my SD and HD channels are now being displayed in the program guide today, even though that option is not selected in my guide preferences. I tried rebooting but that didn't fix it. Any idea what this firmware version is supposed to fix / enhance?

I noticed that all of my SD and HD channels are now being displayed in the program guide today, even though that option is not selected in my guide preferences. I tried rebooting but that didn't fix it. Any idea what this firmware version is supposed to fix / enhance?

In menu-8-1, is the "HD only" box checked? Try changing it to HD&SD, select done, go back in, and select HD only again to see if this helps the problem at all. If the SD channels still won't go away in your guide, send me a PM with your phone number or account number so I can report the error for you

In menu-8-1, is the "HD only" box checked? Try changing it to HD&SD, select done, go back in, and select HD only again to see if this helps the problem at all. If the SD channels still won't go away in your guide, send me a PM with your phone number or account number so I can report the error for you

Any update. My 622s both have the same issue. I've tried the setup change but it doesn't fix it.

Mine is also doing the same thing. It shows both HD and SD when in All Channels. My Channels will show HD and not the SD counterparts.

I know software updates happen in a rolling wave, but does anyone know what date L710 for the vip622 first started. I'm having an issue with my unusual setup that started around December 11th. Nothing else in my setup has changed, except that we got L710.

For those interested, I have a 622 via HDMI to an HDMI splitter which goes via HDMI to nearby TV and from same splitter via HDMI to Sony Bravia Wireless Link (DMX-WL1) to TV in another room. Since around 12/11/11, I'm getting pretty constant "audio signal not supported" dropouts. Eventually the picture and audio reestablishes to the Wireless Link, but pausing/or swapping tuners can make it drop again and again (and often it happens simply watching TV). My setup was pretty-much rock-stable until 12/11. I also have a 2nd DMX-WL1, that I swapped in temporarily, is doing the same exact thing, so I don't think it is the DMX.

I don't expect much help with this issue since I'm kinda out there in my setup, but knowing when L710 rollout started (and possibly finished) would help me confirm that something in L710 is causing my problem.

Thanks!

Since L710, both of my 622s reboot at random times every day, even when just watching and not doing anything with the remote.

I show the L7.10 was released on 12/6/11. If you connect directly to your TV from the receiver do you have the same problem? Please let me know. Thanks.

I know software updates happen in a rolling wave, but does anyone know what date L710 for the vip622 first started. I'm having an issue with my unusual setup that started around December 11th. Nothing else in my setup has changed, except that we got L710.

For those interested, I have a 622 via HDMI to an HDMI splitter which goes via HDMI to nearby TV and from same splitter via HDMI to Sony Bravia Wireless Link (DMX-WL1) to TV in another room. Since around 12/11/11, I'm getting pretty constant "audio signal not supported" dropouts. Eventually the picture and audio reestablishes to the Wireless Link, but pausing/or swapping tuners can make it drop again and again (and often it happens simply watching TV). My setup was pretty-much rock-stable until 12/11. I also have a 2nd DMX-WL1, that I swapped in temporarily, is doing the same exact thing, so I don't think it is the DMX.

I don't expect much help with this issue since I'm kinda out there in my setup, but knowing when L710 rollout started (and possibly finished) would help me confirm that something in L710 is causing my problem.

Thanks!

Have you tried unplugging the receivers for 10 seconds from the electrical outlet to have the receivers perform a hard reset (reboot)? Please try this and let me know if you are still having problems. Thanks.

Since L710, both of my 622s reboot at random times every day, even when just watching and not doing anything with the remote.

Ray, no, I don't have the problem when I connect the 622 directly to my TV, and that's why I don't expect a solution to my problem.

Sometime in 2009 or 2010 a software update for the 622 started a problem. Sporadic very brief audio dropouts started occurring. Also when swapping from one tuner to the other (PIP Swap) one of the two tuners would take 3 to 5 seconds before audio could be heard. The other tuner had no such audio issue. Well, then in Nov. 2010, I got a Logitech Revue, and it being placed between the 622 and my TV made those audio issues stop happening (hid/masked/removed them).

At any rate, since around 12/11/11, I've been having this new problem. Thanks for confirming the date you show L710 rolling out.

I thought it was just me. I'm having the same issue as well. Since L710 my 622 will freeze and reboot at random times. It has done this on both satellite and OTA channels and as rglore said when not doing anything but watching a program. Anyone else seeing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)