L751 on 722K

Is there a way to force the latest software update from my L750 version to my 722k in order to resolve the (in)famous OTA adapter freeze and reboot box issue? Or is this a case of asking for a new 722k?

Absolutely no way to get them to send it to you receiver any sooner, and Dish doesn't hear what you say. They are like your children who get a quick case of deafness whenever you ask them to do something. (Our Wives are likely to say the same of us) For Dish they are deaf until another way comes along to extract more money from us then their hearing dramatically improves!
Michael

Is there a way to force the latest software update from my L750 version to my 722k in order to resolve the (in)famous OTA adapter freeze and reboot box issue? Or is this a case of asking for a new 722k?
Why bother asking for a new 722? ... will be a pita to transfer everything, likely won't change the ota freeze issue and you still won't get the firmware any faster. Best way to workaround is to get your ota strength as high as possible. If you're getting strengths above 75 you should have very little freezing issue... at least that's my experience.. if possible run antenna directly to 722 module. If you're splitting signal be sure you're using an adequate distribution amp. Remove any lower strength channels... for now...

Absolutely no way to get them to send it to you receiver any sooner, and Dish doesn't hear what you say. They are like your children who get a quick case of deafness whenever you ask them to do something. (Our Wives are likely to say the same of us) For Dish they are deaf until another way comes along to extract more money from us then their hearing dramatically improves!
Michael
I believe they do this for good reason.... bug reporting..etc. easier to deal with a small group if something goes wrong. Dish has heard what I've had to say many times and the folks here have been far more helpful than any other tv service I've had previously. There are plenty of for now work arounds with the current firmware... dish doesn't always do what everyone wants... I don't always get what I want either...

From my experience 7.51 did not address the OTA problem and in a few units it took away the ability for the unit to see an EHD. Hopefully, 7.52 which my box got last night will take care of some of these issues that seem to be piling up. I can say for a fact that if you keep the signal strength level on OTA high enough you will avoid the freeze ups.

From my experience 7.51 did not address the OTA problem and in a few units it took away the ability for the unit to see an EHD. Hopefully, 7.52 which my box got last night will take care of some of these issues that seem to be piling up. I can say for a fact that if you keep the signal strength level on OTA high enough you will avoid the freeze ups.
Thanks for the report! See what I mean?? lol...

My OTA signal strength is at 90 for all channels and since April I have not had any problems, even went back to live OTA, but just this past week it raised it's ugly head again and not only froze but did the reboot which it had not done before. The only reliable workaround seems to be "Don't watch live OTA"! My only problem with this is that's my only way to get HD from the locals as Dish does not broadcast them in HD. I can watch them live with the TV but give up pause and review. The good thing is recording off OTA doesn't cause the disease and 90% of our network watching is via recording.
Michael

That's a drag then... I've read it can also happen with interference even with good strength... potentially some sort of issue with guide/banner data decoding?... Your issues with the bug are certainly worse than mine then. They need to fix it for sure.

robstudio said:
I believe they do this for good reason.... bug reporting..etc. easier to deal with a small group if something goes wrong. Dish has heard what I've had to say many times and the folks here have been far more helpful than any other tv service I've had previously. There are plenty of for now work arounds with the current firmware... dish doesn't always do what everyone wants... I don't always get what I want either...

Its easier to stop it if a glitch is found befor all get it and can be fixed.

There are others who have it even worse up to 6 times a day with both freezing and rebooting. Now that I have gone to no live OTA it has not happened. When it happens to my Wife she sure gets riled up!
Michael

Thank you. However, my locals I consistently use are at or around 100 percent strength and never below 90. Weird. Antenna comes straight from outside to the 722k via preamp as well.

During my last go-around with this disease, and also about time this all started I had the feeling it may have had something to do with sunspot activity at the time which may encourage long distance propagation of signals. If this is the case then the problem we were experiencing could be "Multipath" signals confusing the tuners. When the sunspot activity died down so did my problems. I don't know what is causing the problem now, but multipath can happen anytime. I have read some posts which talked about the OTA modules being sensitive to this. I guess we will never know for sure because Dish never releases an explanations. Unless you actually know someone high up at Dish who is willing to talk with you. I once had such a person, he was a VP and his name was Mike Dugan, now CEO or Echostar. He was willing to communicate with me and resolve problems, it was really great and I miss the connection.
Michael

mine not only happens with OTA but with going from sat to sat channels.....getting really nerve racking especially when the hubby is watching Golf and goes to the hist channel, or espn. I am really over it, havent had an update since December.

mine not only happens with OTA but with going from sat to sat channels.....getting really nerve racking especially when the hubby is watching Golf and goes to the hist channel, or espn. I am really over it, havent had an update since December.

HI ippymiss,
Have you been having your same problems April? Or, did it take a little vacation like mine did? I would have thought you would have given up on Dish by now.
Michael