La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

Nothing to apologize for, Paul. It's not your fault! You and the rest of your crew are screwed more than any one of us! Hope you will be able to get those last-minute tickets and safely get home for Holidays!

As for us, at least we still have a chance to catch the Big game on GolTV in SD. I don't have that channel, but I am going to a friend of mine who does. So, we'll still have a game party. Not as much fun as with WorldSport, but better than nothing...

What we now need to do is to PRAY that Sogacable doesn't tighten the screws on MEDIAPRO any further by cutting off the International video feed to MEDIAPRO.

Remember that Sogacable has nothing to lose by screwing MEDIAPRO, as Sogacable will be effectively out of the La Liga TV business after this season after losing the rights to both Real Madrid and Barcelona home games.

The "scorch earth" approach is correct for Sogacable if Sogacable feels that it will never have to do business as a La Liga rightsholder of Real Madrid and Barcelona home games.

MEDIAPRO is the one that has everything to lose, and MEDIAPRO was the one that put itself in a position to have everything to lose. Sogacable knows that. Furthermore, Sogacable knows that MEDIAPRO can't afford to lose any more reputation, which means that MEDIAPRO is a sitting duck for Sogacable to screw over and over again for the rest of the season because one of Sogacable's goal is to destroy MEDIAPRO's reputation thoroughly and completely.

This is how the media business works: it is the blood sport of blood sports, with media executives all having the need to "draw blood" on their opponents in order to justify their daily existence.

if goaltv has accsess to all these games How come they havent started broadcasting in HD?You would think they would want toshow the best quality possible.I mean you cant even make out the numbers on the jerseys

goltv

I'm glad I have an opportunity to thank the guys on worldsport hd for such great match coverage and commentary. You guys are definitely the best. What sucks is having to listen to the morons on goltv during their coverage. That Phil Shoen guy is an idiot. Last year hs said that Motta had the same ball skills as Ronnie, and he just seems to have no clue at all:mad:. He seems to have a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth. Please, get some new commentators. Thanks again worldsport hd.

if goaltv has accsess to all these games How come they havent started broadcasting in HD? You would think they would want to show the best quality possible.I mean you cant even make out the numbers on the jerseys

The "international" video feed of La Liga distributed by MEDIAPRO is in standard definition ONLY.

GolTV currently does NOT have the resources to offer an HD version.

Nor does FOX Soccer Channel.

Nor does Setanta Sports.

These 3 channels are run on shoestring production budgets.

WorldSport HD needs to hire MEDIAPRO's HDTV production crew in order to produce video for each La Liga match. Spanish law currently guarantees MEDIAPRO's HDTV production crew access to the stadium for the Saturday 10pm CET (4pm New York Time) match ONLY.

what time dose the game start on goalTv?

El Classico starts on Sunday at 12:55pm New York Time. It will air on GolTV in the U.S. and Canada

(GolTV in the U.S. and Canada are not to be confused with GoalTV, which is a Hong Kong-based all soccer channel serving Asia.)

This sucks...I just made arrangements today to have my mates over to watch it in HD. The atmosphere of the Nou Camp is lost in SD compared to HD. The prematch build up is worth the price alone. Instead I have to watch blury faces and soft lines. Oh well, all other football in is SD and I watch that.

Just a reminder for everyone:

Today's live game on WorldSportHD: Sevilla vs. Racing @ 4pm EST

Most of VOOM channels, including WorldSportHD are down at the moment, so this live broadcast may not take place...

Ok, after a 2+ hour outage WorldSport and other affected chanels are back on!
So, the game should start soon. A new Christmas episode of La Liga report is on!

The game isn't in the guide TBA but starts a 4pm EST.

1st Classico in many years not in HD
:river:river!protest!protest

Last edited:
I did watch the Big One on GolTV and it was awesome!
Well, at least the next one in spring should be on VOOM and in HD!
The Saturday game wasn't bad either. Some goals looked fantastic!

Hope, Paul and the rest of the crew made it home safely.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone! See you back in 2008!

OK folks, looks as if the 1st game of 2008 will probably be Espanyol - Villarreal. On the face of it not fantastic, but in reality it is 3rd v 4th in the Primera Liga and thus a very big game. Espanyol ended 2007 winning away to Atletico Madrid, while Villarreal have been up there all season...

happy New Year
PAUL

ps as for the journey home....left Sevilla 6.30 am Sunday, got home to the North of England (Hull to be precise) at 22.50pm.

A long day made longer by fog at Gatwick airport and track work (2 days before Xmas are they mad???) on the railway to the North....thanks for the concern

^ That is a good game, looking forward to it. Hope your travels back to Spain are easier than your departure/escape was.

Happy New Year! @party

whens the next game?and time?

ps barca v real great game a nail bitter all the way to the end Wonder what it would have been like with Messi in there? although Cassitiass made so the best saves I ever seen.

only bad part was in sd

I tell a lie...now it looks like we will do the Sevilla derby - Sevilla v Betis...

Sid and I have wanted to do this game for years...probably won't be great football, but it will be great fun cos the two teams deeply hate each other..it is the meanest most vicious derby around...probably as bad as Rangers - Celtic in Scotland.

Expect thatrics, cheating (probably) violence and controversy.
hurrah! and happy 2008

Nb this game is on SUNDAY not Saturday

Will there be any chance WS will show the Barca/Real game during the week?

whens the next game?and time?

ps barca v real great game a nail bitter all the way to the end Wonder what it would have been like with Messi in there? although Cassitiass made so the best saves I ever seen.

only bad part was in sd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts