Lagging HR34 follow up after call to DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I personally would try to go to Ebay(I know it's a risk) and try to get a owned HR44 if you don't want another 2 year commitment

Although they're not cheap, but will save you the hassle for haggling Directv to get you one(good luck with that)

Or call retention and see what they can do, If they don't give you a discount or free upgrade, they'll probably give you several bill credits, Since you said you're off contract.

I don't think anyone except DirecTV considers the HR34 the same as the HR44. Just like no-one except DirecTv considers the older HR2x series of DVRs the same as the HR24. But I and many others certainly would not consider our HR34s to be "junk". I suppose when (if) we ever see a new Genie (let's call it the HR54) people with HR44s will be posting saying their Genies are junk also.

I've got multiple R22's stacked and serving my entire house along with local insertion (i'm a bachelor - I can have my own headend system in my house)... RF remotes control the boxes... I am convinced that these things are faster than the HR34's. Perfect HD out of the HDMI ports as well. Love those boxes!

Is there any "end" in sight for this supposed "code" issue? Is it really a code issue? **Honestly** until just recently, my HR34 never gave me a problem, except for when the "black GUI and Guide design" first came out. Until now. This is getting beyond impossible to deal with!

I would really hate to go thru the clear box process just to have the same issue. If I knew that a Clear and Reset Everything would give me some improvement, I'd be game.

I'm just about at my wits end. The lag even follows to other receivers if I am watching content that is on my HR34....

I have had the HR34 since it first came out. Worked awesome for the first 6 months. Then a software update made it really slow for about 9 months. Directv wouldn't do anything. Then a new software update speeded it back up. It still is slow from time to time. The remote eats batteries and it gets slow if you don't have new batteries in the remote. Seems to be pretty good these days as long as I keep good batteries in the remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)