Larry Scott launches shots at DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thought they were doing well without Directv, apparently not, That's what it comes down to when you want several more million views than what you have with Dish.

Why would you make comments like that.. your biting the hand that feeds you. Now I can see why Directv is saying no. Perhaps Pac 12 should stop demanding an essisive rate and carriage of all 12 PAC 12 channels. Yes they want you to Pay for 12 channels of Pac 12 programming. All 12 of them airs the same thing majority of the time. No way that network should even have 12 channels. 1 is enough.

When this network started, I scratched my head and thought ... hmmm.

I use to get a wide variety of the Pac 8/10 on the RSN's on Saturdays as part of the 600's on D* ...
Then the "Network" came about and now I have ZERO access to watching any of the Pac 12 if I did decide I wanted to watch them.

Wasn't that a GREAT move ?

Probably the same guy that made that choice as well.

P12N has far more pac 12 coverage than the RSN's did. Dish doesn't caryr everything in HD, but they carry a lot of programming. It is definitely better than it used to be, though it's frustrating that DirecTV won't carry the channel.

If you do not understand the difference in the college sports plays in the lives of ordinary people in the south and rural Midwest, and the role it plays on the coasts, you don't understand much about either sports or cultural geography.

Bub, you overplayed your hand. Really that simple.

what a moron

lets see..what does the pac12 have to offer besides it? oh thats right...nothing
what does sec network have? oh ESPN/Disney in its arsenal.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
It's about money, well always is about money, And ESPN have plenty of it, Besides no provider want to risk losing ESPN/Disney unless they're anti sports or don't have enough money for a long term deal, But ESPN was probably more reasonable with what Directv offered compared to Pac-12, Which I think wanted 12 channels on every package, not just on Choice or above.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I don't see what the big deal is. Most or even all of the marquee games are on major outlets anyway.
For crying out loud. Every Saturday during football season there are at least 25 to 30 college games available here.
Probably twice that many basketball games.
How much can one person watch?
I guess these nets will allow some to watch all of their favorite school's games. Even ones vs those 'tomato can" opponents. For example when Alabama plays Furman and wins 70-6
Or when Ohio St schedules Kent U, scores 7 TD's in the first half so the starters sit the entire second half.
Oh well

Some people, myself included, want more than just the marquee games for their teams.

To me, it doesn't matter what's on the other networks if what I want to watch is not. (Not saying anything I'm particular from the pac 12 qualifies in this regard for me.)

Some people, myself included, want more than just the marquee games for their teams.

To me, it doesn't matter what's on the other networks if what I want to watch is not. (Not saying anything I'm particular from the pac 12 qualifies in this regard for me.)
On those not so marquee games, how long do you stick with them when your team is blowing out an over matched opponent?

On those not so marquee games, how long do you stick with them when your team is blowing out an over matched opponent?
Personally, I watch the whole thing.
It gives me an opportunity to see the next wave of starters or those that don't get to play that often.

Till the end. I watch FSU until the clock is done, same way with Bama games. I like seeing what the 2nd and 3rd stringers do in blowouts.

Do not change if we are losing either.

Whatever channel My team is on is the one I'll be watching, doesn't matter if it's ESPN, local ABC or BTN or even CBS Sports (Who ?) thats right, the Buckeyes first game this year is on CBS Sports due to being a road game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)