Last Movie Streamed

“Ad Astra” started off rather promising, but I quickly realized it was all for show with no basis in real physics. Why would you put the massive antenna array at the top of a multi-mile high tower (assuming you want to be out of Earth’s atmosphere?) when you could just as easily locate it on the Moon or Mars, both of which are inhabited. But it makes for a great visual shot.

Many times rockets are shown with with engines under power while the passengers seem to be experiencing zero G.

Why astronauts are carrying ballistic guns during liftoff.

Why a spaceship is designed with a canister of highly toxic gas under pressure present in the living space.

Why the crew decided this launch to forgo wearing their helmets, which left them vulnerable to the aforementioned highly toxic gas.

Is driving thousands of miles (heck, even hundreds of miles would be nuts) in moon buggies really the best way to get from the near side to the far side of the moon?

Your moon buggy goes flying over the edge of a crater and you manage to stay upright and land like a drop of hundreds of meters is no big deal, because the Moon’s gravity is less than Earth. Okay.

I need to stop now. I wonder what Neil deGrasse Tyson thought of it?

Reactions: TheKrell
Contagion, amazing how many things that they predicted would happen during a pandemic has been proven correct.

Artemis Fowl on Disney+. Not that great at all. Amazing how movies ruin good books.
I saw on the AppleTV+ app that people gave it a Rotten Tomatoes score of 10%. Ouch.

On the other hand, HBO’s reboot of “His Dark Materials” was better than the movie from a decade ago, but this is from someone who never read the books on which the series is based.

Tonight we watched “Ford vs. Ferrari” on HBO Max. Now I’m bummed that I didn’t make time to see it in the theaters.

Reactions: dfergie
Mile 22 (on Showtime)
Good solid action movie with tight 90-minute story and action sequences that don't completely defy the laws of physics.