Last & Next Movie Watched

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Last: Ninja Assassin and Boondock Saints II

I liked Assassin, bit it wasn't great. Saints is good, if you liked the first one.

Next: Where the Wild Things Are tonight (wife's back in town ;) )

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I cut back on my screen size from original 120" matte white to 96" to get higher brightness.

Rocky- I believe you are still watching blue ray on 720p right? You will have a beautiful enlightenment when you go to 1080P x 1920. increasing resolution density 2.25 times pixels has been amazing here.

The other thing I did this year was to upgrade the player to a higher end model which enhanced the sound and PQ for DVD upconverts. The sound is now at 7.1 and analog output. ( OPPO BD83SE)

The latest Blu Ray releases I have this past week have been Edge of Darkness which we really liked.

Saw Nine which really sucked!

Wife saw Leap Year and really liked it ( Chick Flick). I just like Amy Adams. :)

D 13U and Tooth Fairy were OK, nothing to write home about.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I cut back on my screen size from original 120" matte white to 96" to get higher brightness.

Rocky- I believe you are still watching blue ray on 720p right? You will have a beautiful enlightenment when you go to 1080P x 1920. increasing resolution density 2.25 times pixels has been amazing here.

The other thing I did this year was to upgrade the player to a higher end model which enhanced the sound and PQ for DVD upconverts. The sound is now at 7.1 and analog output. ( OPPO BD83SE)

The latest Blu Ray releases I have this past week have been Edge of Darkness which we really liked.

Saw Nine which really sucked!

Wife saw Leap Year and really liked it ( Chick Flick). I just like Amy Adams. :)

D 13U and Tooth Fairy were OK, nothing to write home about.

I have 720p at 106" and 1080p at 40" on a Sony Bravia XBR4. I'd like to upgrade my projector, but there is no compelling reason to do so right now. The 720p projector works great, and the PQ is excellent.

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 16, 2007
... but there is no compelling reason to do so right now.
And there won't be at least in the short term. Especially compared to the entry-level 1080p projectors.

And since the HD resolution is not likely to change any time soon, the breakneck pace in projector technology advances for movie watching are over.
Unless 3D invades this space, it is most likely to be evolutionary from here going forward.

Diogen.

Last edited:

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Last: The Spy Next Door

Cute family film. Nothing really original, but I like Jackie Chan.

Next: Extraordinary Measures

S~

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Rented The Messenger last night. OK but old story about a young SSGT learning to deliver news of casualty to families. Not an action film. It brought back some unpleasant memories from my ward training as a medic in the Army. Not quite the same but I had to see wives and family when they saw their loved ones for the first time in the amputee ward where I worked for awhile. The family reactions were pretty authentic in the movie.

dantheman77

Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
st. louis mo
Rented The Messenger last night. OK but old story about a young SSGT learning to deliver news of casualty to families. Not an action film. It brought back some unpleasant memories from my ward training as a medic in the Army. Not quite the same but I had to see wives and family when they saw their loved ones for the first time in the amputee ward where I worked for awhile. The family reactions were pretty authentic in the movie.

was going to rent this. herd it was great!! did you think woody did a good job, again herd he was great.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Dantheman77- I wouldn't classify it as "great" But its a simple story- Woody does a good job playing a troubled alcoholic Army Captain teaching a decorated young war veteran SSGT how to make first contact with Next of Kin. The young ssgt gets personal with one widow and the usual story of relationships follow. Woody breaks all sorts of military protocol as an officer in his role.

Saw Invictus and Extraordinary Measures last evening. Both were based on true stories.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Last: Currently watching Stargate, 15th Anniversary Edition. PQ is stellar.
(Yes, I am a sucker, and own both the original Stargate on BD and the new 15th edition on BD).

Next: Probably Star Trek Insurrection or First Contact.