Last year for superfan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gator6

Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
With analog broadcasts of the big 4 networks ending in January, will this be the last year to have to pay for the SuperFan option for Sunday Ticket? To me it would make sense that it would be no more because all of the football broadcasts will be high-def anyway. I understand they could shrink the feeds down to SD to save bandwidth but it seems they have plentiful bandwidth at this time (note the number of HD PPV's).

yep & the $99 superfan will just be partially absorbed into the sunday ticket price so:
- this year st was $249.
- next year st will be like $299.

Just because the OTA stations will be digital (HD is not a requirement) doesn't mean that D* still won't have the seperate Superfan option for HD games. There are still a majority of SD receivers out there and D*'s not upgrading those. They'll just downconvert the HD feeds from the networks and out them out as SD just like they're going to be doing with all the locals when NTSC is shut down and they're all ATSC.

Don't forget SuperFan also is the GameMix, Red Zone channel and the player tracker features beside the HD feeds.

I highly doubt Superfan will go away.

They sell you on Sunday Ticket.

Once they have you, they can upsell you to Superfan.

so if i wanted to watch games in hd would i have to add superfan or is it just come standard with the normal st

I still think it's a bit of a rip off to have to pay the extra $99 just to get HD reception on ST (even if you don't want or use the rest of the SF features). You already pay the monthly HD fee for HD program access - and that should be it!

Yea, I know - life ain't fair - and they are the only "game" in town

Any other "game" would likely do the exact same thing most likely.

I got it for free this year and wont hesitate paying for it unless they have some giveaway again next year. This is some of the best HD I've seen, and Game Mix and Red Zone in HD is amazing.

so if i wanted to watch games in hd would i have to add superfan or is it just come standard with the normal st

The HD portion of the ST is extra, it's embedded in the SF package, so those of us that could care less about the Fantasy Football stuff, get stuck paying for it anyways.

Jimbo

The HD portion of the ST is extra, it's embedded in the SF package, so those of us that could care less about the Fantasy Football stuff, get stuck paying for it anyways.

Jimbo

What does Red Zone and the Mix channel have to do with Fantasy Football? They are just ways to keep up with all of the action going on. The only thing that is Fantasy related is the player tracker and I believe all ST subscribers have it and it is not part of Superfan. It doesn't work very well either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts