late paying bill, sent back receiver, what next?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I am overdue to pay my bill. I knew I had to send back my older r15 to get $200 credited to my account. They received the box yesterday (tracked it with fedex and a guy in memphis signed for it). How long will it take for them to credit my account $200? I want to pay the bill but I don't want to pay it with the $200 charge for my old dvr on it.

pardon me for being dense, but why would you get $200 credited back to your account? maybe, i wasn't aware of this but i thought sending back equipment prevented you from being charged for it?

Late paying the bill, probably late returning the R15.

He probably already was charged for it.:)

yes, I was already charged and don't want to pay the bill until I get re-credited for the receiver.

When I deactivated a H20, it took them over two weeks to send me the shipping carton and Fedex form. They charged my account for a "non-return" the day after it was received at their Memphis office (it took them over two weeks to send me the carton and shipping form). I called the next day and the CSR said the charge had already been reversed (it showed up on the web site a day later).

Great. Is this what I have to look forward to. I just upgraded my R15 to an HR20 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received the box to send it back.

When you were build for the "non-return" did they put it on your Directv bill or credit card on file?

Listen, they started me on an H20, sent the return kit last year to me via FedEX. I promptly returned it. Not a charge. Received a pleasant return call that they got it back, and thanking me for returning it.
:)

Great. Is this what I have to look forward to. I just upgraded my R15 to an HR20 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received the box to send it back.

When you were build for the "non-return" did they put it on your Directv bill or credit card on file?

They put it on my bill and took it off a few days later. If my billing date had occurred during that time, who knows?

Every time I have done and upgrade or replacement, they have told me to keep the old receiver. I cannot believe they would want an old R15 back, shipping and refurbishment is way more than it is worth. LOL, I have a stack in storage now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)