late paying bill, sent back receiver, what next?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 15, 2004
I am overdue to pay my bill. I knew I had to send back my older r15 to get $200 credited to my account. They received the box yesterday (tracked it with fedex and a guy in memphis signed for it). How long will it take for them to credit my account $200? I want to pay the bill but I don't want to pay it with the $200 charge for my old dvr on it.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
pardon me for being dense, but why would you get $200 credited back to your account? maybe, i wasn't aware of this but i thought sending back equipment prevented you from being charged for it?

cariera

SatelliteGuys Guru
Oct 23, 2006
Late paying the bill, probably late returning the R15.

He probably already was charged for it.:)

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 15, 2004
yes, I was already charged and don't want to pay the bill until I get re-credited for the receiver.

Bob Nielsen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 22, 2006
Bainbridge Island, WA
When I deactivated a H20, it took them over two weeks to send me the shipping carton and Fedex form. They charged my account for a "non-return" the day after it was received at their Memphis office (it took them over two weeks to send me the carton and shipping form). I called the next day and the CSR said the charge had already been reversed (it showed up on the web site a day later).

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Great. Is this what I have to look forward to. I just upgraded my R15 to an HR20 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received the box to send it back.

When you were build for the "non-return" did they put it on your Directv bill or credit card on file?

jtn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 12, 2007
Springfield, MA
Listen, they started me on an H20, sent the return kit last year to me via FedEX. I promptly returned it. Not a charge. Received a pleasant return call that they got it back, and thanking me for returning it.
:)

Bob Nielsen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 22, 2006
Bainbridge Island, WA
Great. Is this what I have to look forward to. I just upgraded my R15 to an HR20 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received the box to send it back.

When you were build for the "non-return" did they put it on your Directv bill or credit card on file?

They put it on my bill and took it off a few days later. If my billing date had occurred during that time, who knows?

William1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 24, 2007
Central Virginia
Every time I have done and upgrade or replacement, they have told me to keep the old receiver. I cannot believe they would want an old R15 back, shipping and refurbishment is way more than it is worth. LOL, I have a stack in storage now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts