Latest Sonicview 8000HD file??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/208102-found-sonicview-8000-25-00-salvation.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/171384-review-sonicview-sv-hd8000.html

Mikey- Read both of these threads looking for information about hack files on the sonicview website and remote zapping (ecm). Get back to me when you are done reading and we can have an informed discussion about it.

Strino- Yes, they were asking for trouble. I'm pretty sure that this firmware being on their site made its way into the lawsuit.

Mikey- Read both of these threads looking for information about hack files on the sonicview website and remote zapping (ecm). Get back to me when you are done reading and we can have an informed discussion about it.

okay i have done that....what exactly did you wish to discuss?

the only firmware i see is factory software and that is all there ever has been...

people mistake another site (which i can not name here) as the official sonicview website and im sure that is the one you are refferring to....

The site I downloaded the firmware from was: Sonicview USA - Support

Post 68 from the review thread:
Earlier this year, Sonicview posted a factory firmware for the SV8000 with piracy features enabled on their main corporate website by mistake.

I bought a refurbished sonicview, I think it was in may of 2009, and wanted be sure there was no hackware on it. I went to the sonicview site and downloaded the factory firmware. I scanned a number of satellites, including the dish network ones, since I know there are (were) often unencrypted channels on those. I had no intention of hacking but if they leave a channel unencrypted it is fair game. I was shocked when I was able to get all, or almost all of the dish network channels unscrambled. I pm-ed Iceberg to ask him if dish had screwed up and left things unscrambled. It turned out I had hackware from the manufacturers website.

Just in case anyone is reading this and thinking I was really stupid to ask if all of dish network's channels were unencrypted, well, I felt pretty stupid. Then Dish left everything unencrypted, I think it was in October of 2009.

The site I downloaded the firmware from was: Sonicview USA - Support

Post 68 from the review thread:

I bought a refurbished sonicview, I think it was in may of 2009, and wanted be sure there was no hackware on it. I went to the sonicview site and downloaded the factory firmware. I scanned a number of satellites, including the dish network ones, since I know there are (were) often unencrypted channels on those. I had no intention of hacking but if they leave a channel unencrypted it is fair game. I was shocked when I was able to get all, or almost all of the dish network channels unscrambled. I pm-ed Iceberg to ask him if dish had screwed up and left things unscrambled. It turned out I had hackware from the manufacturers website.

Just in case anyone is reading this and thinking I was really stupid to ask if all of dish network's channels were unencrypted, well, I felt pretty stupid. Then Dish left everything unencrypted, I think it was in October of 2009.

i believe you had that hacker software....and i believe you were able to view all of those DN channels with it....but i do not believe you got that software from the official sonicview website....if that was the case then that website would be shut down by now, which it is not....i check that website weekly if not daily....i have never seen one hacker file available there....

I found the thread where I talked about this back then:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/175052-sonicview-8000hd-firmware-cleaner.html

Post #15 by 1captain, a member with about 350 posts:
Originally Posted by wildboys
The factory version is hd8000_p_08Jan2008_v250_b203.I don't think the one you listed is the factory version.

that is at their web site now wildboy, but was not last month.

The v443 is factory firm ware, but for some reason it was pulled from the Sonic view web site, about a week ago, that file was released 25 of March, now I have not loaded into my SV here, I am not a big fan of changing when things are working fine, still using the Aug-14-2008 file.

now I did down load that file an do have it here, it is listed as "HD8000_P_25march2009_v443..." , now why Sonicview pulled it can not tell you why?

it does not matter what you show me....

i do not believe you got hacker software from the official sonicview website....

Three different members here post the same information and he doesn't believe it.

What is really funny is I did a google search about this to see if Dish mentioned this file in their lawsuit. Apparently there is a mention of it in the lawsuit but I could only find a link to that document on a hack site. Since I don't have a membership there I couldn't look at the pdf file. On the same page though are a bunch of confused hackers saying 4.43? 4.43? There was never a 4.43 hack file. Then the mods tell them that the reason they don't recognize it is because it was the factory file.

I apologize to everyone if I took this thread on a detour but it bugs me when people yell "Hack!"prematurely. My sonicview developed this problem while running factory firmware, two hundred and something or other. My understanding is that it stopped working because Dish Network sent out an ecm in the satellite stream that disabled the box just because it had once had factory firmware 443 on it that I downloaded from the sonicview website. To my knowledge it has never been connected to the internet and it was running more recent factory firmware at the time.

My understanding is that it stopped working because Dish Network sent out an ecm in the satellite stream that disabled the box

if it was that easy for DN to zap boxes then all of the hackers boxes would be easily shut down....and after years of operation they still are not....

Dish actually zaps peoples private equipment.

That has lawsuit all over it regardless of the hack status of the box being zapped.

Dish has a history of zapping its own equipment, I was a victim once while a paid subscriber, but other equip. thats a whole different story.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)