Latest Version?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

New2DVR

Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Hey everyone, I'm extremely green when it comes to DVR's (if you can't tell by my name) and am curious what the most recent DirecTV DVR models are. I would like to purchase one through someone other than DirecTV so I'm not locked into leasing the box, but I'm not sure what model(s) to look for.

Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Nick

the HR21-100 is the latest HD DVR. In HD receivers the H21 is also the latest except that now there is a H23 but i don't think it's completely available yet

Hey everyone, I'm extremely green when it comes to DVR's (if you can't tell by my name) and am curious what the most recent DirecTV DVR models are. I would like to purchase one through someone other than DirecTV so I'm not locked into leasing the box, but I'm not sure what model(s) to look for.

Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Nick

New2DVR,
Welcome to the site !

As mentioned above, the HR20/21 is the HD version (R) designating Recorder.
You didn't say if you wanted HD or not.
Other strictly SD DVR's are the R-15 and 16, 16 being the newer of the two.

As for not buying from D*, why not, you'll get the best deal thru D*.
As far as owning and leasing, I use to prefer owning, but now I like leasing better, if anything should happen that it doesn't work, simple call them and they usually will either send a tech out or send one in the mail.

You will be locked into a Leasing fee or a Addl. mirroring fee one way or the other, they are both $ 4.99, this goes for anything past the 1st box.

Jimbo

New2DVR,
Welcome to the site !

As mentioned above, the HR20/21 is the HD version (R) designating Recorder.
You didn't say if you wanted HD or not.
Other strictly SD DVR's are the R-15 and 16, 16 being the newer of the two.

As for not buying from D*, why not, you'll get the best deal thru D*.
As far as owning and leasing, I use to prefer owning, but now I like leasing better, if anything should happen that it doesn't work, simple call them and they usually will either send a tech out or send one in the mail.

You will be locked into a Leasing fee or a Addl. mirroring fee one way or the other, they are both $ 4.99, this goes for anything past the 1st box.

Jimbo

i did not know this. so if i own i'll be charged a mirroring fee and if i lease i'll be charged the lease fee. both are 4.99?

Yep...plus the $5.99/account DVR fee

so it's not worth owning anything :no just lease it.

Rey,
You will only be charged a Lease Fee OR a addl. rec fee, not both, however there is the $ 5.99 DVR fee as iwc mentioned.
This fee I would imagine first started from DISH and D* picked it up as addl. revenue.

Jimbo

Nobody mentioned the R22.

The absolute latest equipment is:

SD: D12
HD: H23
SD-DVR: R22
HD-DVR: H21

You could also expect to receive an H21 for a basic HD, or an R16 for a SD-DVR.

Great guys, thanks for all of the valuable information. One last question though: Do I need a dual or triple lnb dish?

You will need the 5-LNB dish if you want anything in HD. That is the standard dish that comes on the included "Installation Package" no matter who you go with.

Plus, check out the Plasma Concepts new customer deal, along with any other sponsors' deals. Might as well throw a bone to guys who help keep the lights on around here. ;)

One nice thing about the H23 is NO BBC (B-Band converters) hanging off your box they are integrated into the reciever.

WeaKnees is pretty good for equipment and if you get one of their upgrade packages DTV will consider it owned, so they state.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am looking to replace a SD DVR that has died on me. I have a private office viewing account, so we have to purchase the equipment. Any thoughts where I can buy a unit to replace the dead one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts