Latino Bonus Pack on Eastern Arc 1000.4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Totoro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Boston
I raised this question in another thread, but I think it deserves its own discussion.

All the official documentation I have read is that you cannot use the EA for Dish Latino programming and that a second dish must be installed. However, E*8 and E*6 both have Spanish programming. So what is the verdict, do I need a second antenna or not?

BTW: I am a new customer with DVR Advantage Turbo HD Bronze. Install is scheduled for this coming Friday.

Other than the Spanish language channels that are in the ATxxx packages (Univision, Telefutura/HITN/V-Me/Mun²), you absolutely, positively need a second dish pointing at 110 to get the rest of the Latino channels. This could change in the future, but for right now and foreseeable future you need a second dish.

Tony

If you're only feeding two tuners, the 1000.4 LNB has an input for a wing dish. With a 24in dish and an I adapter, you should get awesome signal from the new 110W bird.

If you're only feeding two tuners, the 1000.4 LNB has an input for a wing dish. With a 24in dish and an I adapter, you should get awesome signal from the new 110W bird.

That sounds like an excellent solution, but 110 is not in my LOS according to satellite finder. The clearance is only 21 degrees and there is a stand of trees in the way. Based on dishpointer calculations, the maximum height of those trees is 32 feet, but they are much higher than that. The height for EA is 150 feet because the trees are also farther away in that direction, and so EA should be fine. Most likely the Latino pack will eventually be available on the 1000.4 without a wing dish. So, I guess I will just have to wait. The fact that about half the channels are already on 72 and 77, gives me hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)