Laundry list of problems with HR-22

Status
Please reply by conversation.

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hello. I have been complaining to D* about a list of problems with my HR22, have the protection plan, and still they will not swap out the receiver. So before I continue bitching at them can someone confirm if these problems are the norm?

- 10 - 12 seconds for a channel to change with native turned off, 15-20 seconds with it turned on
- 5- 7 seconds before any remote button presses do anything (both an IR and RF remote). This includes just getting the menu or the guide to appear on the screen.
- Fast forward on a recorded program automatically skips to the end of the program
- 771 error message once a week that requires me to unplug the receiver and do a hard reset (just pushing the red button for a reset does nothing)
- Having to do a red button reset when watching a 3D channel as it is the only way it detects my tv is 3d ready (samsung c7000 LED)

If this is the norm I'll stop bitching but I've been told everything from "turn scrolling off, now you're fixed" (did nothing), "erase everything on your hard drive" (my hard drive has 96% free space), and that it's normal to reboot once a week.

Stop bitching for a couple months, then call in with a "real problem" like it won't power on, so they have to replace it. The receiver already has a history of complaints.

FF shouldn't skip to the end. Are you hitting the skip button instead of FF? The skip button can be set up as a 30 second skip but if it's not it will skip to the end.

Standard FF would only FF at 2x, no faster even with repeated presses. The skip ahead button would work one time at a time but if you try to do it more (my receiver in the bedroom will say x6, x7, etc to skip more than one time) than once it skips to the end of the program. It is setup as a 30 second skip and was working for the first few months but stopped.

Today they had me do a system scan disk by holding down the REC button and Down on the receiver to test the hard drive. It's been running for just about 45 minutes now and is 15% done with no errors found so hopefully by morning it will be completed and it fixes my problems... I doubt it but it's nice to hope. I also set some DVR recordings for the daytime just to see if they record and also if it fixes the preexisting problems such as sluggish performance, 3d reboot required, and the like.

I have an HR20 upstairs that does not have the same problems and is even more frustrating as technically it is an older receiver that is running faster and is used much more.

Hello. I have been complaining to D* about a list of problems with my HR22, have the protection plan, and still they will not swap out the receiver. So before I continue bitching at them can someone confirm if these problems are the norm?

- 10 - 12 seconds for a channel to change with native turned off, 15-20 seconds with it turned on

I've had 3, this is ABNORMAL

- 5- 7 seconds before any remote button presses do anything (both an IR and RF remote). This includes just getting the menu or the guide to appear on the screen.

ABNORMAL

- Fast forward on a recorded program automatically skips to the end of the program

ABNORMAL

- 771 error message once a week that requires me to unplug the receiver and do a hard reset (just pushing the red button for a reset does nothing)

Should I say it again??

- Having to do a red button reset when watching a 3D channel as it is the only way it detects my tv is 3d ready (samsung c7000 LED)

If this is the norm I'll stop bitching but I've been told everything from "turn scrolling off, now you're fixed" (did nothing), "erase everything on your hard drive" (my hard drive has 96% free space), and that it's normal to reboot once a week.

Get another

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)