lcc

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
I have an AM-21 that is dying. I called to get a lcc and I was told they do not have them. Is that true. Does anyone know how to get one?

Has DIRECTV stopped distributing the LCC altogether?

Or is it still just the same age-old policy of only allowing them to customers (with Genie 1s that is) in markets that have lost local channels due to contract disputes?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

They were giving them out if ota market channels were in a contract despute with dtv. They no longer do that and i searched and asked everwhere. Best bet is Ebay or craigslist.

Maybe if the rumored sale happens, the newly independent Directv will fix stupid decisions like not making the LCC available to anyone who wants it (just make people buy it unless they're in a dispute) and add support for the HS17 and perhaps the older H/HR series.

Reactions: c-spand
Wait till one of your local channel channels is missing and they will send one for free.

I don’t know if this will work but a friend called when they had a big dispute going on in a different market, said His channel was missing and they sent one out for free without checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)