LCN gone on Galaxy 13?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LittleBob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Maine
Tried to get LCN on Galaxy 13 C band today and there is no signal. I had been getting them with a strong signal as of last Friday. Is anyone else receiving them okay? Did they move or switch to DVB-S2?

Thanks. I emailed them and will post their response if they reply back. I hope another good channel is not gone:(

I think it's too early to tell anything. Last time they were gone, it was due to a hurricane or trop storm moving through the area. We know they haven't had those in the last few days, so it might be a tech problem that knocked them off the air until it's fixed or it might be they've gone off the air. If I don't see them a week from now, I'll assume they are off the air due to non-tech reasons. If it's technical, you'd assume they can get the parts shipped to them during the week to get it fixed, or contract a PUP to get back on the air.

I sent an e-mail to the marketing director, she answered back right away.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:16 AM, James Sofonia wrote:
Sheila,

I've been enjoying your programming here in Michigan using a home satellite dish, but I don't see the signal since last week. Have you moved your service to a different satellite?

Jim Sofonia
Traverse City, Mich.

We are switching to ip (fiber optic)...Thanks so much for letting us know that you enjoy our network.

--
Sheila Trosclair--Johnson
LCN TV

~LOVE & HAPPINESS~

Not much love and happiness in that answer. BUMMER, how am I going to see the Susan Cowsil Concert next month.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bummer! I'm going to really miss this one. Maybe if they see enough popularity for their channel from the FTA masses, maybe getting into an S2-8psk mux (c)would be economically feasible. I don't know. Just think of what they can tell their advertisers:"Seen throughout North America without cable or a pizza-dish!

One likely advantage of internet based versus broadcasts is that you get a real number for the number of people watching.
But I think these people are kidding themselves if they think that people are gonna search out channels online and stream them for hours. People want on demand TV with internet based services.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)