League adopts "do over" rule for Cowboys video board

This will become a huge source of controversy sooner or later like when someone commits a penalty, ball hits scoreboard, do over.

The score board is in compliance with the 90 feet prescribed by the NFL. Frankly I think it should be in play. A big disadvantage for the kicking team if they hit it IMO. No different than hitting the rafters with a baseball in florida. Hit in one place its a double, in another a HR etc.

It wouldn't be the Cowboy's stadium without something blatantly stupid (see hole in roof, now the HDTV). :D

The score board is in compliance with the 90 feet prescribed by the NFL. Frankly I think it should be in play. A big disadvantage for the kicking team if they hit it IMO. No different than hitting the rafters with a baseball in florida. Hit in one place its a double, in another a HR etc.

The do over stuff is true for hitting any stadium obstruction, has always been in place as far as I know. Probably a different one for hitting an upright (but most obstructions are out of play, so ball does not come back into play).

Closest parallel to just letting it be part of the field is Arena's bouncing balls off the net, something that's a designed part of the game... this scoreboard clearly isn't.

I wonder if they are going to play this year with the rules they made today and have him move/raise it over the off season seeing it's getting very close to the season now.

The Scoreboard CAN be raised, it was mentioned that they would do that for several concerts, I don't know why they can't just do it like they would for the concerts now, and be done with it, but then again, it's Jerry were talking about here.

Last edited:
They should be targets painted on in and depending on which one they hit equals what bonus or bad gift they get.

Something like

3 Points
Automatic 1st down
Go back 10 yards
Interception
Touchdown

That would make the game really interesting. ;)

Well no matter what, this is the best TV Screen there is in any current new Pro Sports stadium in the USA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts