Leased Equipment

clydesam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
My 12 months credit ran out for the insurance for the leased equipment. I would like the opinion of this board. Is it worth keeping for $5.99 a month?Thanks for any replies in advance.

John 3:16

You do not have to keep it! If you have a problem, DISH will let you start up the insurance plan, then you can have the service call. That is what I did and after a month on the plan I cancled it again, all is well here. :up

Personally, I think it's bunk to have to pay them to repair their receiverbut I suppose it's like a car lease, ie oil, tires etc.

Personally, I think it's bunk to have to pay them to repair their receiverbut I suppose it's like a car lease, ie oil, tires etc.

I agree 100%. It's crap! It you saw a provision in a home rental or lease agreement that said, renter responsible for all repairs/roof/ furnace. etc I bet you'd keep searching the classified.

I pay it with no regrets. And have probably come out ahead over the years as 6 721s flowed thru my home.

Dish is tightening up, see other posts. I suspect the folks that feel justified in adding DHPP, getting a repair, and then dropping it, will soon be "disappointed." All Dish has to do is require a one year commitment, and that lost revenue hole will be closed. And it seems Dish is looking to close such holes and maintain revenues.

Like it or not, DHPP is the option. If you want to take your chances, and pay full freight for a truck roll and repairs, fine. But they're giving you the choice, no point in complaining that you should get that service for free.

I lease the trucks we use at the company where I work. The leasing company, the actual owners of the trucks, do not, repeat do not pay for repairs or maintenance. We can, and often do, pay for their version of a Protection Plan, whereby they cover all routine maintenance, or even a full maintenance pkg. But they still do not pay for repairs if something breaks for reasons other than normal wear and tear. Or if the truck crosses 100,000 miles. Or 4 years.

That's how leasing works. No point in our complaining that in our opinion, the leasing company "should" pay for everything since they "own" it.

I pay it with no regrets. And have probably come out ahead over the years as 6 721s flowed thru my home.

Dish is tightening up, see other posts. I suspect the folks that feel justified in adding DHPP, getting a repair, and then dropping it, will soon be "disappointed." All Dish has to do is require a one year commitment, and that lost revenue hole will be closed. And it seems Dish is looking to close such holes and maintain revenues.

Like it or not, DHPP is the option. If you want to take your chances, and pay full freight for a truck roll and repairs, fine. But they're giving you the choice, no point in complaining that you should get that service for free.

I lease the trucks we use at the company where I work. The leasing company, the actual owners of the trucks, do not, repeat do not pay for repairs or maintenance. We can, and often do, pay for their version of a Protection Plan, whereby they cover all routine maintenance, or even a full maintenance pkg. But they still do not pay for repairs if something breaks for reasons other than normal wear and tear. Or if the truck crosses 100,000 miles. Or 4 years.

That's how leasing works. No point in our complaining that in our opinion, the leasing company "should" pay for everything since they "own" it.

I wasn't so much complaining as voicing an opinion, as an equipment owner I have had the plan added on to my account and it is a great option and well worth the small fee .I believe they'll come a day soon when you wont be able to have the option of dish equipment owner ship, and I hope I'm wrong. Then I think we are into quite a different situation.
then it will be like the directv heard mentality and sheepishly go along and don't complain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)