Leases have started, experiences?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What's crazy about this situation is that I went to the BB site and read the ad regarding the H20...nowhere did it say anything about leasing. I can see this creating a lot of issues for both D* and the retailers, especially when the general public begins finding out what the true situation is.

Another stupid question: if the H20 breaks in 4 years, since it is leased, D* should be on the hook to replace it...it would appear that warranty periods would be out the door.

spectrumsp said:
Another stupid question: if the H20 breaks in 4 years, since it is leased, D* should be on the hook to replace it...it would appear that warranty periods would be out the door.

Yes, if it breaks directv would fix or replace it with a new or used receiver. Just keep in mind that after 4 years you would have paid $239.52 in lease fees. Also, if after 4 years there is some other reciever you want to upgrade to you can do that for an additional fee. The current upgrade fee to go to an H20 is $99.

I think Rupert saw the cable company ad that gave new cable customers a good deal if the customer gave them their old D* equipment.

BE AWARE UNDER THE NEW LEASE CONTRACT you cannot return equipment to cancel penalty clause, with advanced product you enter into a 2YEAR contract, Advanced products have a $300 penalty for early cancellation.

I went into CC last night, they had sheets printed out on the new Leasing Program.The clerk just read off the prices and terms from the sheet.

Well it seems the state of Florida is looking into the terms of this lease plan which means they are getting enough complaints to warrant looking into it. I've given up looking into DirecTV stuff as I don't have enough time on my hands so I haven't kept up on this lease stuff but just passing on the few tidbits I find out.

pounce said:
... Just keep in mind that after 4 years you would have paid $239.52 in lease fees. ....
But for the first IRD, there is no lease fee, so if you had only one it would be $0.

My R10 and R15 were purchased by me before the start of the lease program and both are currently up and running. This is equipment I "own" right? Since it was purchased before the start of this new program.

Some other posts are confusing me a bit. Equipment purchased before the start of this program isn't now owned by D* right?

User0101 said:
My R10 and R15 were purchased by me before the start of the lease program and both are currently up and running. This is equipment I "own" right? Since it was purchased before the start of this new program.

Some other posts are confusing me a bit. Equipment purchased before the start of this program isn't now owned by D* right?

From what I gather, those who bought their equipment, before the leasing went into effect, will still 'own'[1] it.

[1] In as much as one can own subsidized equipment.

damaged, lets do this the easy way., and you are correct.

sub a, activates 3.2.06 has 2 d-11s. he would pay programming and 1 lease fee and no mirror fee. if he stops subscribing in two years he returns the eq to directv. if during the lease his box goes bad it is replaced free.

sub b, already activated prior to 3.1.06 has 2 d-11s . he would pay programming and 1 mirror fee but no lease fee if he cancells in two years he puts the eq out in the trash. if his box goes bad and he does not pay the insurance, he has to buy a new one. if he pays the insurance, directv replaces it free.

OK so we still own our equipment that was purchased before 3/1.
Will D* still activate 2nd hand used equipment?
If no, then our equipment isn't worth much.

Yes you can still get used equipment activated but you will probably need new access cards. You still cannot start a new account with used equipment you would have to lease at least 1 receiver.

I own all six of my receivers and that includes four Tivos (one HD). Direct is going to really have to offer me a sweet deal to get me to change. Maybe I should wait until they release the Home Media Server?

Well it looks like DTV has where they want us. The lease program obviously does not rule in favor of the consumer. But really if we dont like it, we can move on to dish network or cable as some have said they will do. As I ponder even thinking about doing it I know I have tried it before for a few months and I came back becouse of the ticket and other cable issues.

But for most of us, Cable is not much better and since many of us still have or want the Sunday ticket, leaving is hard to do. And from a business standpoint I am sure the folks at D know this. I hope as things shake out down the road, different promotions will come to make things a bit easier as we upgrade for our the various products.

jabroni said:
I own all six of my receivers and that includes four Tivos (one HD). Direct is going to really have to offer me a sweet deal to get me to change. Maybe I should wait until they release the Home Media Server?

tell me something. all you people waiting for the home media center to arrive, do you think it is going to be cheap?? hell if they are getting $499 for the HD-DVR, the HMC is going to be at least $1000 , maybe more. and they WONT let you self install that one, i bet you only get that one thru directv itself. IMHO

I don't get why the lease fee is driving everyone so nuts. We either pay a lease or mirror fee. so we pay or we pay. Only differrence with cable is it is cheaper up front but the monthly fees are higher.

WE PAY WE PAY WE PAY!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

Scott Greczkowski said:
I think the price will be MUCH more then $1,000. I hear they are gearing this to the very high end customer.

what is your guess ,scott??

and i will say these people will not be allowed to self install. there WILL also be a lot of custom costs paid to the tech ,also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)