Leaving DTV for dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
rkr0923 said:
giving D* a little longer, if nothing happens......outta here also.

What do you think is going to happen? Maybe some MPEG4 issues will be resolved, seems like in some areas the MPEG4 is fantastic and in others nothing but trouble so far. But besides maybe getting some of those bugs out and the release of the new HD DVR nothing dramatic is going to happen in the very near future with D*.

DISH has just added another (today) HD channel so I think they now have 30! Another reason to leave D* if this is important and you have a sizable investment in HD.

Food Network HD now on Dish Network
Posted Aug 17th 2006 2:36PM by Matt Burns
Filed under: Programming, Satellite TV

Somethings in life just makes you shake your head. Like how Dish Network just keeps on adding more and more high-def stations while DirecTV just added TNT-HD -- in February. Food Network is now officially broadcasting on Dish which brings their total high-def lineup to 30 stations. Some markets could have nearly 40 high-def stations coming into their dish once all the local stations are adding in and Dish Network could very well hit 31 stations if INHD materializes sometime soon. So where does this put DirecTV? They do have lots of football in HD thanks to their NFL Sunday Ticket but other then that...

Last edited:
Say Rick, or anyone else with Dish. When the HD locals become available in the next month or so, are they just included with your locals package ($5) or do you have to be subscribed to the HD package? Or is it yet another cost?

For me a season of NFL in HD is better than all of the rehash channels and the tomatos on food network combined. Yup, D* is definitely behind in HD, no doubt, but, those of us that enjoy the ST and watch mainly the networks prime time stuff OTA it doesn't really bother us. It does though piss off Vurbano to no end, just another reason to thank my D* and give my lil Tivo guy that sits on the DVR a hug.

you people act like the only way to get NFL HD is with ST............well it's NOT
I bet I get as many as you and I don't have ST

We would get all the games via NFL ST SD/HD you don't get

PLUS
the 3 in market games that get blacked out each week thanks to local affiliates; then we switch to HD OTA; or HD LIL so we still get those too.

PLUS
the ESPN games this season.

PLUS
the few games DirecTV showed in the upper 90's last season via the NFL Network; this season is the first time the NFL Network has a "full schedule" of 8 games and so far we do not know how many we will get of those.

So we will get numerous more games thanks to ST. How will you be able to get more? I understand that not every sub is a sports fan and thats cool, but for the sake of saving money I would REALLY know how to get more games without ST.

I already use my FTA C/Ku to pull down backhauls for PIP so I already know about that method of adding.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
We would get all the games via NFL ST SD/HD you don't get

PLUS
the 3 in market games that get blacked out each week thanks to local affiliates; then we switch to HD OTA; or HD LIL so we still get those too.

PLUS
the ESPN games this season.

PLUS
the few games DirecTV showed in the upper 90's last season via the NFL Network; this season is the first time the NFL Network has a "full schedule" of 8 games and so far we do not know how many we will get of those.

So we will get numerous more games thanks to ST. How will you be able to get more? I understand that not every sub is a sports fan and thats cool, but for the sake of saving money I would REALLY know how to get more games without ST.

I already use my FTA C/Ku to pull down backhauls for PIP so I already know about that method of adding.

Go to a sports bar? I suppose you could sub to Expressvu that sells it cheaper I suppose. Id like to know too. Isnt NFL network going to run a lot of the games in HD?

rkr0923 said:
you people act like the only way to get NFL HD is with ST............well it's NOT
I bet I get as many as you and I don't have ST

RK, please, show me how many Eagles games you are going to get this year. I will get them all, so show me how you are going to get as many.

Sports bar is an outside option not in the rhelm of what we are trying to figure max games in the home. As I listed above NFL Network sched is 8 games.

Gees, with this dish DVR nonsense, i am glad i am just in limbo for now. If I could get an HR10-250 free, I would stay. i have said from the get go. not interested in the new one for $400. I just want to be able to record HD OTA.

Eagles!
yeah ok
Well let's see...I get 2 FOX OTA stations, 2 CBS OTA, 2 NBC OTA, 2 ABC OTA (different markets, different games) sometimes they have 1 game sometimes 2.
ESPN
ESPN2 (for college football)
NFL Network
TNT (for college football)
FOX NY NBC NY CBS NY ABC NY
FOX LA NBC LA CBS LA ABC LA......not HD but still NFL games (thanks to D*)
Not all ST games are HD are they?
so I think I have a pretty good setup without money for ST
and I don't have to throw ST in peoples face to justify having D*
to bad I can't just buy ESPN ,TNT and the DNS........no need for the other 180 useless channels I pay 70.00 a month for

rkr0923 said:
Eagles!
yeah ok
Well let's see...I get 2 FOX OTA stations, 2 CBS OTA, 2 NBC OTA, 2 ABC OTA (different markets, different games) sometimes they have 1 game sometimes 2.
ESPN
ESPN2 (for college football)
NFL Network
TNT (for college football)
FOX NY NBC NY CBS NY ABC NY
FOX LA NBC LA CBS LA ABC LA......not HD but still NFL games (thanks to D*)
Not all ST games are HD are they?
so I think I have a pretty good setup without money for ST
and I don't have to throw ST in peoples face to justify having D*
to bad I can't just buy ESPN ,TNT and the DNS........no need for the other 180 useless channels I pay 70.00 a month for

Yeah you are going to see a lot of football. If I had all those DNS feeds I wouldnt bother with ST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts