LeBron gets dunked on by Xavier player, confiscates all video. LMAO

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Lebron slam dunked on, and doesn't want the video to be seen.. LMAO.. another low light for the so called King.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...on-by-Xavier-player-confisca?urn=ncaab,175293

C/P from article.

Connecting the dots, it seems clear that LeBron didn't want video leaking out of him getting dunked on by a college sophomore, so he told a Nike official to get the tape. It was an understandable reflex move (gotta protect the image), but it also unnecessarily makes a mountain out of a molehill.

Being embarrassed is one thing, but to confiscate all video is another. And why would they willingly give it up? I'd tell Nike to go f**k themselves or put up a ransom for it. They had no right to take the video. Between this and his behavior after the Eastern Conference Finals, LeBron is starting to seem much more like a d*ck...

If (and that's a big "if") this story is true as reported, then Lebron acted a little bit immature.

LOL, I've read it many times and still funny as hell.

"Oh please NIKE , hide that video cause I am suppose to be the King.."

img11934206.jpg

It has been talked about down here quite a bit this morning. I think Lebron and Nike are making a MAJOR mistake by doing all the 'cloak abd dagger' crap about the video....and the one that will pay is Lebron because now it will look like he is TOO image conscience.

I remember when Allen Iverson 1st came on the seen and the 1st time he faced Jordan, you call CLEARLY hear Phil Jackson to get on him. What happened, Iverson crossed-over Michael SO BAD that he left BOTH his jock AND his jaw right where the move was made on him. Guess what? It is rarely remember and no big deal after a few weeks.

This part of the articles states EXACTLY what I am saying:

The Crawford dunk would have been a temporary embarrassment for LeBron. Let's say the video was put on YouTube. It blows up for a bit, dominates blogs for 36 hours, everyone has a good chuckle and then it's forgotten about.

But by censoring the tape, LeBron turns the dunk into a legend. On video, it's just a dunk. Without video, the jam can reach mythic proportions. Because nobody can see it, the story of the dunk will grow in stature with each telling. Today, it was a simple two-handed slam. In a few days, it will be a 360-degree windmill. By the time Crawford makes his Xavier debut in October, he will have jumped off LeBron's shoulders, flipped in the air, slammed the ball home with his left pinkie and then handed LeBron $3.99 for his dry cleaning.

Without the video, we'll never know. Although, given his past history, I think it's safe to say that LeBron probably walked off the court without shaking Crawford's hand.

That last line in the passage tells you that because of his story, there is now a little tarnish on King Squeaky Clean....:(

Wow....even the person who usually has a contradictory response to Skip Bayless could NOT DEFEND Lebron and Nike on this one!!

You see, it is turning from an ant hill to Everst within 24 hours...!!

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4315071"]No dunk here: LeBron James camp tapes confiscated - ESPN[/ame]

This comes from someone who has posts like "random thoughts on a Tuesday 3 weeks before the AAA All Star Game" :rolleyes:

If you don't like random thought threads, don't read them. Oops, that thought I just had was somewhat random...my apologies... ;)

Sandra

God, I can't wait for football season to start so we can put all of this frivolous, nonsensical "filler" news behind us! :cool:

You mean like announcing you read on Cleveland's announcer's son's girlfriend's Facebook page that she heard her friend say her uncle said Lebron almost went to an Indian game, so he might sign with Cleveland next summer? :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)