LED, Plasma, or 3-D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Songkrai, I was in the same boat you are. I had a budget & really wanted a VT25 but, for me, they are just too expensive right now. I wanted plasma and I read up on them and Panasonic won me over. I sit about 11 feet from my TV and spend a lot of time there due to a recent disability so I wanted a nice looking picture that would not tire the eyes. I was going to get the G25 50" but when I went to Costco, I saw the Panasonic 42" X24 on sale and for a set with only 1024 x 768 resolution, I was floored. I bought it and the BD65 Blu Ray player for under $600 & couldn't be happier with my choice.

I've had the set for almost 2 weeks and am totally pleased. I can't tell a difference in the resolution from this distance and it is a perfect size for me. It also upconverts DVD's and old stuff from my DVR and makes them look darn near HD. I got the whole package for about half of what I would have paid for just the 50".

On a side note, I read at AVSForums that you should run a 100 hour break-in test pattern on a new Plasma set to break in the plasma cells. The file is downloadable and when you burn it to a DVD it autoplays with no menu. I run mine at night after I go to bed, or when I am out during the day. 100 hours sounds like a long time, but I have already surpassed 60 hours in just the first week of running it. I'm not sure of the link, but I'm sure you can find it easily enough browsing the Plasma forums as it is a sticky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)