Left 4 dead

Has anyone played left 4 dead? I just watched the trailer, it looks good.

Left 4 Dead for Xbox 360 - Left 4 Dead Xbox360 Game - Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 Video Game

Depending on the type of gamer you are, you'll either love it and all who developed it or you'll be using it as a Frisbee. It's basically like being in a zombie movie with intense action and tension. Thing is, the game absolutely REQUIRES Co-Op play. Not the standard "Multiple players on a team who can go around doing their own thing while still killing the enemy." In this game, all the other players are actually necessary, because certain zombies have special attacks that will disable you until someone comes to help. Also, the hordes of zombies can quickly overwhelm you if you take them on by yourself. The Versus Mode can be fun too where you get to take the role of the special zombies themselves against other players.

One of the major selling points can also be one of it's biggest detractions. While the game can be enjoyed by yourself with bot assistants, it is more enjoyed with human players, and XBL (and to an extent Steam) has a high number of d*ck L4D players. I'd strongly suggest finding good players and friending them and work with private/friend matches.

This is a pretty good review of it (NSFW):
[ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/459-Left-4-Dead"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Left 4 Dead@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/459-43fb190bc15db097893d8eda28ae9407.js@@AMEPARAM@@459@@AMEPARAM@@43fb190bc15db097893d8eda28ae9407[/ame]

Outstanding game. I have a lot of fun playing it with friends. As yourbeliefs said, "game absolutely REQUIRES Co-Op play". The majority of random matches I jump into on XBL are complete disasters because of lack of cooperation.

Love it, I have for my PC and 360.
I tried it out on PC first. I had to DL a pirated copy of it because Valve decided to be jerks and remove the demos from XBL and Steam, but I was hooked very easily. I quickly went and ordered a copy for the 360 (always looking for those gamerpoints) and have enjoyed it greatly.

I am looking for people though who actually know HOW to play the game and don't think they're Gordon Freeman since it's a Source-based game. We should all add each other and party up for some games. My gamertag is the same as my name here.

UGH! I just played a game and, against logic, all the players seemed to make it a point to DISTURB the witch INTENTIONALLY, as opposed to avoiding them...

Last edited:
I tried it out on PC first. I had to DL a pirated copy of it because Valve decided to be jerks and remove the demos from XBL and Steam, but I was hooked very easily. I quickly went and ordered a copy for the 360 (always looking for those gamerpoints) and have enjoyed it greatly.

I am looking for people though who actually know HOW to play the game and don't think they're Gordon Freeman since it's a Source-based game. We should all add each other and party up for some games. My gamertag is the same as my name here.

UGH! I just played a game and, against logic, all the players seemed to make it a point to DISTURB the witch INTENTIONALLY, as opposed to avoiding them...

Cool I'll add you. I played with some dummies as well. They would shoot at each other.

I don't have it yet, but when I get it, I'll join in if you want. my gamer tag is the same as my username

We own 4 L4D servers for PC.
A good amount of my members play L4D check my squad: Home

Eventually budget was tight, we got rid of the 4 servers, right now we are just keeping our source server and the gun game server up.
We have a Battlefield 2 32 player ranked server too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)