Left Dish After 5 Years

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Additional Comments (about 4 weeks later)

1. Love the one click media sharing . . . friends and family came over the other night and they wanted to see wedding pictures. I quickly accessed them from my computer without a problem.
2. The remote control is slow in its response time as others have reported and the layout is still tricky to get used to
3. I want to comment on video quality and make an objective impartial opinion between *E and *D, but I think it is more hit and mess. Sports in HD are definitely better, movies I do not notice a difference, but I really notice a difference in SD; SD video is of less quality

Still ecstatic I made the switch and scratching my head as to why I never did it sooner

Just a warning to anyone downloading on demand movies -- if the movie you download is from a premium channel (HBO, etc.,) you will lose the recording in your playlist if you unsubscribe from the premium channel (or if you discontinue the premium channel after the 3 month freebee). I didn't find this out until I discontinued the premiums after my free 3 months and lost several movies. I called D* about this and I finally got them to acknowledge that this happens. However, they were unable to tell me why there isn't some warning in the DVR system so that you can plan to watch these movies before they disappear...it just seemed strange to me that they would remove legitimately recorded movies from your DVR when the removal is well before the "expiry date" shown on the playlist.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)