Legacy Twin

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Last summer my friend asked me to aim a dish for him. He had a dish looking only at 119. He was given what I believe is a Legacy Twin. He has a Dish 301 receiver. I could not get the receiver to see 2 Sats at all, only one. I have had no problems aiming Dish Pro equipment. We gave up and aimed for 119 only. Does this Legacy Twin need a 21 switch? What am I missing here? The check switch did not seem to recognize that the dish was looking for 2 Sats. Thanks for any help. :confused:

The check switch will not pick up a sat if it is not getting a signal from. Your problem could be anything from the mast not being level to the skew being off to you getting a sat through the wrong side of the lnb. The dish could be off a lot or just need a tweak. What is the signal strengths you are getting?

When you do a check switch what should it say? Would it say Legacy twin? It has been a long time since the install, I was visiting there Sunday and it got brought up again because they do not get the locals that are on 110. From what I remember, the receiver acted like a single LNB was connected to it. Does a Legacy Twin have a internal switch like the Dish Pro Twin? I told my friend to buy a new Dish Pro 500 for $50 at the time , but he got a free old dish from a relative. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)